Chapter 31

Clarke

When I walked out of Lexa's room, I was filled with confusion. Lexa wasn't being herself—not the strong, caring and level headed woman that I knew so well. I walked over to Raven's room to see her sprawled across her bed. The furs that were originally in her room were thrown across the floor. One of the Arkadia blankets that Lexa brought back was spread across her calves. She was shivering, and yet the blanket only covered a quarter of her body. I rolled my eyes and walked over.

I looked over at the girl with worry. Ever since she came to Polis, she had been retiring to bed early and waking up late. I had my concerns when we left Arkadia with her. I was worried Raven wouldn't be happy here, and her spending as much time in her room as possible wasn't reassuring.

"Raven. It's late afternoon. It's time to wake up."

She groaned and pressed her face deeper into her pillow.

"Raven."

"No, Clarke." She whined. In the quiet, I heard a door slam. I sighed, realizing the exact location. Lexa must've left her room.

"You wanna look at the lift?" I asked enticingly. Raven looked up at me from her pillow and smiled.

"Hell yeah."

"Then get dressed." Raven dragged herself out of bed and moved to her closet. She pulled pants on and slipped a shirt over her tank top.

"Where's Lexa?"

I sighed. "No idea."

Raven looked over and noticed my discomfort. She looked at me with sympathy. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just Luna." I said. "She's not good for her."

Raven nodded. We walked over to the lift. There seemed to be a commotion in the floor above us and I sighed. It was Lexa, I didn't doubt that.

We took the lift to the basement, where the whole system was located. Raven's eyes widened at the sight of it and she ran to it.

"Oh my god, Clarke." She whispered, running her hands along the wheel.

I smiled as she evaluated the system. She turned back to me.

"It could use some stronger cables. I might be able to adjust it so only one person is needed to pull it." Raven said, looking up the shaft.

I smiled. "Good."

Raven noticed my lack of enthusiasm. "Clarke, I'm sure she's fine."

I nodded. "Yeah. You're right."

"What is it that about Luna that makes her so...un-Lexa?"

"I don't know, Raven. It's almost as if she's worried Luna's going to tell the people some horrifying truth that'll make them not want her as the Commander."

Raven nodded. Her eyes brightened. "You wanna go give her a piece of our minds?"

"Lexa?" I asked in confusion. Why would we confront her about this?

"Luna." Raven said in frustration.

I bit my lip. I hadn't actually been able to really talk to Luna. Lexa was right about the fact that I didn't know her sister, but I could. But I knew Lexa wouldn't be happy. She didn't trust her sister, and probably didn't trust her around me. Still, if Lexa wasn't going to be completely honest with me, she wasn't leaving me any choice.