Chapter 26

Chapter 26

       A lot of us were at Dan and Destiny's house to let loose after everything that happened. We all needed it. All of us -Dan, Destiny, Ariella, Kenny, Calvin, Declan, Priya, Gerard, and I- had been affecting some way by the serial killing and we wanted to forget about it.

       It was hard to and we probably wouldn't ever be able to, but I wanted to try at least.

       "You know what feeling I love?" Ariella asked. "Not being single anymore since both my best friends had boyfriends and kept ditching me for them."

       "Oops," Calvin said. "But come on, can you blame me? Look how cute he is." He then squeeze Kenny's cheeks, who then glared at him and pushed his hands away.

       "Great, now I'm the only single one here," Declan said. "I'm...." He counted everyone here. "I'm ninth-wheeling it."

       "What about me and Priya?" Gerard asked. "We're single."

       "Oh, you're not following anyone," Declan said. "I see you guys kiss all the time."

       "I'm sorry, what?" Dan asked. "You two are dating? And you didn't tell me? That's harsh. I tell you two everything."

       "My bad," Gerard said. "That's what you get for constantly ditching us for your girlfriend."

       "Uh, and my daughter," Dan said, gesturing to Anastasia who was sitting on his lap. "You want me to let Destiny take care of her by herself."

       "Yes."

       "Well, that's not happening now that I found out you didn't tell me you're dating," Dan said. "How long?"

       "Not that long," Priya said. "It happened....shortly after Rajan passed away. Gerard was just there to comfort me and it happened."

       "Oh," Dan said. "I'm still mad you went along with pretending it didn't happen. Now I don't feel guilty for not telling you that Destiny and I are having another baby."

       "Excuse me?" Gerard asked. "Why am I hearing about this now?"

       "The same reason why I just found out about you and Priya," Dan said. "So you don't deserve knowing that we're having another baby."

       "Dan, you're not having a baby," Calvin said. "That's my baby in there, not yours."

       Destiny punched Calvin's arm. "Stop saying that. It's Dan's baby. Not yours."

       "And you would know because....?" Calvin asked. "Did you take a paternity test?"

       "Why would I need to when I never slept with anyone else but Dan?"

       "Because I'm so awesome I can get a girl pregnant just by being in the same room as them."

       "What?" Dan asked. "That makes no sense. Just....I don't....what?"

       "We learned to go along with anything Calvin says," Ariella said. "He'll never make sense."

       "That, I can see," Dan said. "So, when's the play again?"

       "Two weeks from now," Ariella said. "We're all really excited. The cast is doing an amazing job and it's one of the most powerful plays we've done since it's tackling so many teenage problems. Almost everyone who going to watch it will probably be able to relate to it in some way."

       "I know Dan can," Destiny said. "He's secretly gay."

       "What?" Dan asked.