Chapter 24

Chapter 24

       I didn't know if it was allowed, but I walked into the high school with a few milkshakes and headed to the auditorium. Even if it wasn't, I was a police officer so I could use that against basically everyone.

       Besides, Annie wasn't there yet so I couldn't get kicked out.

       I walked behind the seat Ariella was sitting at and leaned over. "Hey," I said. "You know what day it is?"

       "Ooh, Tuesday," she said. "Am I right? Do I get a prize?"

       "Well, that wasn't the answer I was looking for, but you're lucky you're cute," I said as I handed her one of the milkshakes.

       "So, what was the answer?" she asked.

       "Well, today marks the longest relationship I have ever been in," I said. "Eleven days."

       "Wow, so long," Ariella said. "I feel so special. Are the other three milkshakes for me?"

       "Yes, I totally got three milkshakes just for you because we have been dating for eleven days," I said. "Nah, they're for me, Kenny, and Calvin. Kenny kept texting me when he was in class, saying he was craving a milkshake but he wouldn't have enough time after school to get one before rehearsals began, so I thought I would be a nice brother and bring him one."

       "Ooh, speaking of Kenny and Calvin, you should have seen the cast's reaction when they all found out Kenny and Calvin are dating," Ariella said.

       "Good reaction or bad reaction?" I asked.

       "Good, definitely good," Ariella said. "Everyone loves Calvin and Kenny's scenes together in the play and they all thought it was so natural, so when they found out they're dating, everyone went crazy. Some cried, some screamed. They were all happy."

       "Yeah, and Kenny had been a lot happier since he came out," I said. "He doesn't have to hide his relationship anymore, and our parents are trying their hardest to accept it. We had Calvin over to dinner once and our mom likes him a lot."

       "Of course she does," I heard Calvin say from behind me. "Everyone does. And stop gossiping, it's rude."

       "What are you talking about?" Ariella asked. "You gossip all the time."

       "No, I don't gossip," Calvin said. "I just listen to gossip while eating popcorn. There's a difference."

       "Did you bring me a milkshake?" Kenny asked me.

       "Is that all you care about?" I asked.

       "Yes."

       I rolled my eyes and handed him his, then gave Calvin his. "You get one too," I said. "I knew you would probably keep taking Kenny's, so I bought you one too."

       "Thanks," Calvin said. "And you're totally right. It's his fault for liking strawberry milkshakes the best because that's my favorite flavor."

       "Uh, I liked it first," Kenny said.

       "No, I've liked it since I was born, and I'm a year older than you, so ha," Calvin said. Kenny mocked Calvin's laugh before taking a sip out of his milkshake. He really was a lot happier, and that was all I wanted for my little brother.

        I looked over at Ariella. "I should be getting back to work," I said. "I was on a break and if I want to catch the killer, I don't want to extend my break."