Chapter 1

Chapter 1

       Spruceworth village; the one place I was actually really excited to move to. I know I lot of people would rather live in a huge city than in a small village where everyone almost knew each other. People thought I was crazy for wanting to move to the small village.

       I didn't care. My parents and my younger brother thought it would be a nice change from the busy city we previously lived in. Besides, I got offered a job at the police station there and I did not want to turn it down. Granted, I didn't have to move there with my parents and brother since I was twenty, but they wanted to come too, especially my younger brother. Kenny really wanted to move away from the city for reasons he didn't want to talk about.

       Besides, I heard there was a lot of drama taking place here and I loved drama.

       After we finished unpacking everything into our new house, with a few exceptions, I told my parents I was going for a walk. I hadn't visited Spruceworth in almost a year, so I had forgotten where everything was.

       Shortly after I walked outside of the house, I spotted a very cute girl. Ariella Goodman. She was walking while she was on her cell phone, so I walked over to her. "Hey, pretty lady," I said.

       Ariella stopped walking and looked up at me, giving me a smile. "Hey," she said. "You're visiting here again?"

       "Nope, we actually just moved here," I said. "I got offered a job at the police station, so my parents thought we should all move down here. You're lucky, you get to see me a lot more."

       "I feel so blessed," she said, then she rolled her eyes.

       "Want to know what would bless you even more?" I asked. "Giving me a tour of the village."

       "Haven't you been here before?" Ariella asked.

       "Yes, but the last time I was here was ten months ago," I said. "And even then, I only went to the school for the play."

       "Then yeah, I can give you a tour," she said.

       We walked around the village with her showing me where all the basics were; the police station, the grocery store, the hospital, and she finally stopped in front of BF 50's Diner. "And here is the best diner in the village," she said. "But I do have a preference towards it since I work there and get a discount."

       "Ooh, lucky," I said.

       "It definitely is," Ariella said. "Seriously, we make the best nachos ever. And now it's official. I'm taking you there for lunch since I do get the discount."

       "Are you asking me out?"

       "No."

       "That hurts."

       "I know." She was about to lead me into the diner, but she stopped and scoffed, looking at three girls sitting at one of the tables outside. "And there we have the drama queens of the village. My sister Courtney, our cousin Alex, and their friend Vanessa."

       "You do know we can hear you, right?" Courtney asked, looking over at Ariella.

       "Yes, and I don't care," Ariella said before looking back at me. "Between you and me, they're all a little....crazy."

       "How are we crazy?" Courtney asked.

       "Let's see," Ariella said. "You obsess over your ex, Vanessa obsesses over her ex, and Alex....Alex is okay. She's just annoying."