|Flashbacks|

*For WhatAFreak2016*

9 Months Ago

Tatiana took a deep breath as she stepped through the doors of Star Labs, her heart pounding against her ribcage. She knew that the people here had to deal with meta humans everyday, but the question was, would they accept her? Would they believe her when she told them that she wanted to help and do good?

She slowly ventured into the facility, her clammy hands gripping the strap of her messenger bag. She looked around. The place was huge. How was she suppose to find someone who would help her?

"Who are you?"

Tati jumped when she heard the voice, whirling around to see a man behind her, chestnut locks for hair and green eyes that made her heart jump slightly. He was dressed in a Star Labs sweater and dark jeans, a pair of black converse on his feet.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I was just looking for someone to talk to about maybe joining the team?" She said, timidly.

The male's eyebrows shot up. "Joining the team?"

"Yeah. I-I'm a meta. I want to help." She said, biting her lip softly.

The man glanced her over for a second, his eyes narrowing. "What can you do?"

Tati raised her own eyebrows, her lips parting. "Well, I-I can show you. Can I hold your watch for a second?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Uh, sure." He answered, confused. But he took his watch off nonetheless and gave it to her.

Tati closed her fingers tightly around the watch and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before she started to change. She could feel her long hair shortening and her muscles getting larger. She could feel her hands growing in size and her bones shifting underneath her skin. A jolt of electricity went through her and she gasped, opening her eyes.

She had transformed into the man in front of her.

"Woah.." He spoke, his eyes wide. "That...that was...wow."

Tatiana chuckled, handing the man his watch back before she slowly transformed back into herself, feeling relieved when her clothes fit properly once again.

"I'm Barry. Barry Allen." The man said, holding his hand out for her to shake.

Tati smiled, taking his hand and giving it a shake. "Tatiana. But everyone calls me Tati."

"Well, Tati, welcome to Team Flash." Barry smiled.

***

"Tati."

Tatiana was finally pulled from her thoughts when she heard Caitlyn's voice, looking up at the other girl. "What?"

"Are you okay? You seem a little distant." She said, her brow furrowing.

Tati smiled, shaking her head. "I'm okay. I'm just thinking."

"Yeah? About what?"

"About when I became a meta. When I joined the team."

Caitlyn smiled. "Haven't changed your mind yet, have you?"

Tatiana snorted. "God, no. I love working with you guys."

"Especially Barry, huh?" The other girl winked, wiggling her eyebrows. She and Cisco were the only two people who knew about her crush on the speedster.

Tati gave her friend a look. "Cait."

"Oh, come on, I'm just teasing."

"No you're not."

"...okay, no I'm not. But I say it with love."

Tatiana rolled her eyes. "Sure."

"I don't see why you don't just tell him, Tati. In all honesty, I think he likes you." Caitlyn said encouragingly.

Tatiana snorted. "You're funny."

"What? It's true!"

"Okay."

"You make it really hard to talk to you, you know that?"

"Yes! It's one of my best qualities." Tatiana grinned, making Caitlyn roll her eyes and smile.

"Hey, Tati?" Barry said, peaking his head into the room.

Tatiana couldn't help the way her face lit up when her eyes met his green ones, a bright smile coming onto her face. "Hey, Bare. What's up?"

Barry smiled. "Can I talk to you real quick about something?" He asked, biting his lip in a way that made Tatiana blush more than she'd like to admit.

"Yeah, sure." She replied, getting to her feet. "Be right back, Cait."

"Take your time." Caitlyn smiled, sending a wink in Tatiana's direction, to which the other girl rolled her eyes. She followed Barry out into the hallway and leaned against the wall.

"So, what's up?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Tati, I uh...I heard what you said in there. About me."

Tatiana was sure her heart stopped for a moment at his words. Her heart dropped into her shoes and her stomach began to churn as if she was on a tilt-a-whirl.

"Barry..." Tati sighed. "Bare, listen, if you don't like me like that, I get it. I'm not expecting you to like me back. I just didn't want to tell you because I didn't want things to get awkward, because crush or no crush, you're one of the best friends I've ever had, and I-"

She was suddenly cut off when Barry's lips slammed into her own, making her squeal softly in surprise. His hands had flown to the small of her back and pulled her closer so that their chests were almost touching. She let her arms wind slowly around his neck, her fingers getting lost in his chestnut colored locks. She could feel the moistness of his lips against her own and the heat of his body as he pressed himself closer to her. After a long minute she pulled away, letting her hands fall to his shoulders as he leaned his forehead on hers.

"Do you..." Barry breathed, taking a moment to catch his breath. "Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting to do that?"

Tatiana giggle softly, letting her nose brush his in an intimate way. "I have a small notion."

Barry smiled, pecking her lips again as he rubbed her back softly. "Any chance you're free tonight?"

"Maybe."

"Coffee at Jitters?"

Tati grinned, leaning close so her lips barely brushed his ear. "I'll be there."

A/N- I feel like the ending is a little weird but it's whatever xD Also, Tati's powers weren't my idea. I got it from Tessa Gray, a character from The Infernal Devices series. Just so ya know :-) I'm so sorry this took so long! I hope you enjoyed!! <3 ~Hayden