|Distance|

*For Meghana_B*

"You what?!"

Y/N sighed, raking both hands through her hair and looking down at her feet. "I was hit by the particle accelerator too, Barry.." She said, looking up at her best friend with sad eyes. It had been exactly 4 months and 21 days since she found out about her speed...and decided to leave Barry in the dark about it.

She would have told him, but she didn't exactly know how. What was she suppose to say? 'Hey! I have that same exact shirt! Oh, and the same super speed too! That's pretty cool, huh?'

"Why the hell wouldn't you tell me about this, Y/N?" Barry demanded angrily.

Y/N sighed. "I didn't know how, Barry. I know that sounds stupid, but I just didn't know what to say!" She explained, throwing a hand up.

"I can't believe this." Barry muttered, more to himself than to her as he began exiting the cortex.

"Barry, can we please talk about this?" Y/N asked desperately, dropping her hands to her sides pathetically.

"I don't feel like talking." Barry snapped, and then he was gone.

Y/N groaned, slumping into a chair and placing her face in her hands. Cisco slowly walked into the room, taking a seat beside the distressed girl and leaning his elbows on his knees.

"I take it he didn't react well to the news?" He asked gently.

"The complete opposite actually." Y/N said, holding her head in her hand as she looked up at the male.

Cisco smiled sadly at her and placed a gentle hand on her back. "I'm sorry, Y/N. Hey, don't worry. I'm sure he'll cool off a little. Just give him some time." He said, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

Y/N sighed, raking a hand through her hair for what felt like the millionth time. "I hope so."

***

When Cisco said Barry needed some time to cool off, Y/N didn't think he meant three weeks. That's how long it had been since Barry talked to her. Hell, that's how long it had been since Barry talked to anyone. To be completely honest, she wasn't even hurt that he hadn't bothered to make any contact.

What hurt the most is that he wasn't only distancing himself from her, but from everyone else too. Because of her.

Y/N sighed when she heard the familiar sound of Barry's voicemail for the billionth time. Hey, this is Barry Allen! Sorry I missed you, but leave me a message and I'll get back to you. Thanks!

"Hey, Bare, it's me. I know I've called you a million times and I'm sorry. But...please call me. And if not me, call your friends. They miss you...so do I." She sighed. "Okay, bye." With that she hung up the phone and flopped onto the sofa, sighing and covering her eyes with her arm.