"But I could try-"

"Don't waste your time.. You probably won't get in anyway. There's a lot of talented people here in America."

"But I-"

"Camila.. It's not worth it." Sandra asserted, getting more and more annoyed as I try to convince them otherwise.

Instead of arguing, I nodded. It's a lost cause. Once they believe in something, they will fight anyone who'll try to convince otherwise.

But I guess they're right. There are so many talented people worthy of being on that stage. Maybe I shouldn't even think about it. Marielle and Sandra are right.

But then, I can't help but feel the push towards the auditions. I want to prove my best friends wrong. Maybe not with words.. But maybe I could if I was in.

Yes.. I'm going. Even if I fail, whats the worst thing that could happen anyway. I could at least make a friend or two there.

As we lounged around the hall, my eyes fell to a pretty blonde girl with a yellow sundress. She had a denim jacket around her and brown boots that complements her skin. She looks pretty.

"Camila, why are you looking at her like that?" Marielle asked suddenly, making me shift my gaze from the blonde girl to my so called best friend, embarrassed that I got caught.

"Yeah," her sister chimed in, "Are you gay or something?"

They both laughed while I feel my cheeks heat up dramatically. They're laughing as if it was the most obnoxious thing ever; making me feel like it's wrong to feel that way about a girl.

But nonetheless, I laughed along with them, hoping that it'll look as if I see it as a joke, even as my heart beat fast at the possibility.

Maybe I was.

---

April 17th, 2013

"Why are my cheeks so fat?" I asked, standing in front of the mirror whilst slapping both my cheeks rapidly, making them jiggle

"Oh come on, Camz. It's not that bad. You look cute," Lauren assured, now walking to me, stopping just behind me and raising her hands to my wrist to stop my ministration.

"That's the point.. I don't wanna be cute. I wanna look pretty; hot even."

She abruptly moved her hands to my waist and turned me around. Her eyes focused on me, making me squirm under her scrutiny.

She has one of the most beautiful emerald eyes in the world. She looks intimidating and intense just by her eyes. Something I'm not.

Sometimes I ask myself why she even talks to me. Why she calls me her best friend?

She's so different from me. Actually, I've asked myself this since The X-Factor started. But then, I concluded that she was just pretending to be my friend, for the sake of the show.