Chapter 9

Maddie's POV

I cried for two hours the day after Shaun left. I called and called, continuing to get his voice mail. "I loved you." I said through the tears. "I love you."

"Knock, knock." I turned over and looked at the door. "Look at you, you babe!"

"Ty!" I smiled through my tears. I got up as fast as I could and hugged her as hard as I could "You're the babe here! I'm confused to how you didn't set off my fire alarms."

"I missed you." She said. "What's happening in your world, huh?" She nudged. I handed her the ring. "Maddie, is this-"

"From Shaun?" I sighed. "Yea, yea it is."

"Sweetie, I am so sorry. I didn't really help the situation, did I?" I took the ring back.

"It was mainly my fault. He did love me, but I was still pissed off at him. Now he won't answer my calls or texts."

"He still loves you. I swear, he went on and on about you during qualies." She said smiling. BuzzBuzzBuzz!

"Who's that?" I asked Ty because she had my phone. She smirked and handed it to me. It was from Shaun.

Happy Valentine's Day xoxo

"Oh, my God." I called him. Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Yello."

"Shaun?" I basically whispered into the phone.

"Hey, Maddie. How is your Valentine's day?"

"Lonely," I said. "but I have Ty."

"Well, do me a favor." I nodded as if he could see me. "Look outside and tell me what you see." I got up and walked over to the window. I gasped, dropping my phone. I tore out of the room as fast as I could. I didn't have any shoes on, but I was going to fast to care. I swung the front door open and sprinted down the stairs.

"Shaun!" He dropped his phone and the bag in his arms opening them up wide. With one swift leap, I jumped into his arms.

"Hey, beautiful." He said between my cries of joy. "Hey."

"Sh-Shaun." I sniffed. "I'm so sorry."

"No, no. You don't need to be sorry. I'm the one who was being an asshole. You, you don't need to be sorry." He said setting me down. He picked his phone and the bag up. "Here."

"Shaun, I-"

"Please open the damn bag." He laughed. I pulled out the tissue paper and a small stuffed giraffe.

"Aw, Shaun! It's so cute!" I stood up and hugged him. "Thank you."

"For what? I was a jerk."

"For these, and the ring, and being around for me." Shaun smiled. 

"I got your voice mail." He helped me off the ground. "I need you to know that I love you too." 

"Shaun--" He bent down and pecked my lips. 

"See, I love you." He put his hands on my shoulder blades and kissed me again, but with more meaning.

"You two need a room." I heard Ty's voice from the door. "I'm leaving now, so Maddie's is free." She smirked. 

"Do you have to leave?" I whined. 

"Yes, I'm sorry, but people want me home." She hugged me. "Bye, babe." She mumbled. She poked Shaun's chest. "I'm watching you. Don't you hurt my baby."

"I promise. I won't." Ty got in her car and pulled away. 

"Wanna build a snowman?" I pulled Shaun's arm a little.

"Of course." He walked to the backyard with me.