Chapter 6

Shaun's POV

A few hours after my talk with Maddie, there was a banging at my door. I took another drink of the vodka I had bought.

"Who's there?!" I yelled. I opened the door to see Ty.

"You asshole." She screamed at me. "Do you realize what you've done? You've wrecked her."

"It's not my f-fault. She's too sensitive." Ty shoved me back.

"You must be stuck on stupid!" She took the bottle out of my hand and threw it on the ground causing it to shatter. Sage ran from his part of the hotel room.

"What the hell's going on?" He yells. "Jesus, Ty." He grabs her arm pulling her off me. "Go back to your room. You two are gonna get us all in trouble."

"You must be proud of what you did to her, huh, asshole." Ty yelled as she left for her room.

"What did you do?" Sage asked. He bent over and helped me pick up all the glass on the floor.

"Slept with some girl in Vancouver." Sage rolled his eyes.

"It's more than that." He threw the glass away. "This has to do with Maddie."

"I told her I cared about her and then ended up getting drunk and sleeping with some skier." I sat against the end of the bed. "I was so stupid."

"You still are. You have to make it up to her." Sage had finished cleaning up the vodka of the floor. "Dude, take her to dinner."

The next day rolled around and I had a roaring migraine. I cleaned up and got dressed. I was up and out of the door around 2:30 PM. I jogged to Ty and Maddie's room. "Maddie?" I called from outside the door. "Please come out." I pleaded. Maddie sheepishly opened the door.

"Hi." She said. "I'm sorry about what happened last night with Ty. I tried to tell her not to. She didn't listen."

"Come boarding with me. Please." She looking into the hotel room.

"Sure." She said reluctantly. "I'll meet you in the lobby." She shut the door and I jogged down to the lobby. Twenty minutes later, she was ready to go. I had a lot more than boarding in store for her. We walked through the door and I took her hand.

"C'mon!" I took off running with Maddie in tow. I turned to see her smiling. I had found a small, isolated restaurant. We were alone. The waitress took our orders.

"I thought we were boarding today?"

"We can later. I wanted to treat you right." I smiled. "I really do care about you."

"I care about you too, Shaun." She nodded. "But you left me in tears last night."

"I know." I shook my head. "I am so sorry." I got up and walked to her side of the table and knelt in front of her. "You don't have to believe me, but I promise to love you forever. I might bring you tears and anger, but you have to remember, I will ALWAYS love you. Always." I got up slowly and kissed her forehead. "So long as I live."

We ate our food in silence. Our day continued perfectly. We went home early so we could get some rest. After all, Maddie was boarding tomorrow.