Chapter 4

Maddie's POV

"This is the worst hotel I've ever been in. Ever." I tossed my bags on the ground. As I sat down on the bed, dust billowed up around me. "At least it's not weed scented like the Colorado hotel room I stayed in during training last year." Ty laughed as she threw her bag on her bed, which was next to mine.

"That's comforting." There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I got off the bed and took all my stuff into the bathroom.

"Is Maddie here?" It was Shaun. I smoothed out my shirt a little in the mirror.

"I'm here." I stepped out from the bathroom. "Hi."

"Hey, you had some stuff for me?" Ty smirked a little.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone. I'm getting some muffins." I started to blush.

"Here." I handed him a American flag bandanna and a rope bracelet. "It's extra long paracord just in case and mom dyed the bandannas for us. I have matching items." He smiled.

"These are awesome. Thanks." He immediately put on the bracelet and stuffed the bandanna in his pocket. "Can I come in? Sage is out on the town and so I'm alone." I open the door as wide as it will go. He came in and planted himself on the bed. "Can we please talk about Vancouver?"

"No, I would rather-no." I folded my arms in front of my chest. "Neither of us are to blame. I-"

"Stop, Maddie. It was a rhetorical question." He stood, towering over me. "What happened, it didn't mean anything."

"That's really not what it looked like when I saw you two together." Repressed memories flooded my mind. "You told me, promised me, that you cared about me. That I wasn't ordinary, and that you liked me," I paused. "a lot."

"Maddie, I'm so sorry." He tried to put his hand on my waist, but I stepped aside.

"I think you need to leave. I have to go practice." I said grabbing my hat and jacket. Shaun stood there just staring at me. "I said, I think you should leave. Like, now." He walked swiftly out the door. When i was sure he was gone, I threw my stuff to the side and fell back on to the bed. "What did I just do?" I said, a few tears escaping the corners of my eyes. I did eventually fall asleep.

Shaun's POV

I stormed into mine and Sage's room. "God, why am I such a fucking asshole?!"

"I've been asking myself the same thing about you everyday." Sage said as he walked out of the bathroom.

"Not now, 'kay."

"Whoa, bro, you okay." He asked sitting down on his bed.

"Obviously not, do I look okay to you?" I yelled. "I just fucked up the best thing I ever had."

"Sorry, bro." Sage rubbed the back of his neck. "Is there anything-"

"No." I stopped him. I already knew what he was going to ask.

"Okay, man. I'm going out to practice. Be back in a few." I nodded. Alone. Again. "Dumbfuck..." I muttered to myself.

Maddie's POV

"I'm so stupid." I say aloud. I get louder the more I think about what I said and the events in Vancouver, but especially Shaun.

"You aren't stupid. You're troubled by wrong doings." Ty's voice broke through my own.

"Oh, hey."

"What happened? I can go kick someone's ass if needed." I chuckled a little.

"No, no. I'll be fine." I answered. "Shaun and I got into an-exchange of worlds." I tried to shake the thoughts of him from my head. "I'm fine, Ty."

"Whatever. Do you want to Skype your mom and dad? You can use my computer." I shook my head.

"No thanks. I'm going to nap now and practice later." I took my blanket out of my bag. "Wake me up around 4:30-ish." I said. Falling asleeping with thought of the past was not a great time.