Bethany gave Niecy a look and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay fine!" She threw her hands up. "But that was just one time."

"Niecy you literally threatened me the other day when-" Bethany started.

"Okay! I threaten people a lot, oh well. I only do it because I care. Gosh."

"Aww." Bethany wrapped her in a hug. "I love you bestie."

"Love you too. Get off me." Niecy laughed.

Jay walked into the room then and all eyes went to her.

She rubbed her stomach and said hello to everyone.

She laid down on the couch opposite from us.

"Are you okay?" Bethany asked her. "Can I get you anything? Some water or a snack?"

"No thank you." Jay shook her head quickly.

"Baby you sure? I can go get some pickles from the store or cider to settle your stomach." Niecy said.

"Pickles would be nice. I'm a bit nauseated." Jay said softly, closing her eyes.

"Oh, I have some in the fridge. She can have those instead of you having to buy some Ni." Bethany suggested.

"Okay." Niecy stood and walked toward the kitchen, kissing Jay's head as she passed her. "Be right back."

A few seconds after Niecy left, Jay sat up and rushes around the corner into the downstairs bathroom.

At the sound of her throwing up, me and Bethany make eye contact.

"Pregnant?" I mouthed.

Bethany shook her head quickly.

"Are you crazy? No way!" She mouthed back.

I shrugged in response and picked up one of Angel's toys.

Let me just mind my business.

"Where's Jay?" Niecy came back in with the jar of pickles.

A loud gagging sound comes from the bathroom and Niecy hurried towards it.

"I know what you're thinking Aug, but stop it okay? Or at least keep it to yourself." Bethany said quietly.

"Niecy ain't dumb Bethany." I replied, not looking at her.

"I know but...There's other explanations. Could be food poisoning..."She trailed off and shook her head.

Angel moved to sit in her mother's lap.

Bethany smiled automatically, and I smiled while looking at her.

Just beautiful.

I can't lose this again.

I watched Angel hold Bethany's hand and reach for one of mine.

I can't lose my family, not again.

Niecy came back to announce that she and Jay are going home.

"But you just got here." Bethany whined.

"I know, but Jay still doesn't feel good. We're gonna go to the doctor in the morning but right now we're just going home." Niecy sighed. "I'll call you after her appointment tomorrow."

"Okay." Bethany replied, standing up to walk them out.

I grabbed Angel and stood up as well.

I watched Bethany lean foward to hug Jay who hugged her quickly and walked outside.