Chapter 27: Flexibility

Start from the beginning

We also got some lunch meat we would probably eat within a day or two and some cheese.

I got Logan to stop by a dessert and flower cart so I could stare at some very inviting looking cookies. I got out of the shopping cart as I scanned the options.

This mornings health kick was far from my mind as I tried to pick. Chocolate chip or M&M? It was a rough decision before I quickly picked up the chocolate chip ones, muttering a sorry to the latter.

"Hey Eva."

I turned around and looked at Logan. He pulled a single rose from behind his back, holding it out and stooping to one knee on the floor.

"What the- Logan?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ah Eva my girl, as beautiful as the sun in the day and the stars at night, oh how you are my life's bright light," Logan said loudly, grinning at me.

My cheeks flushed and I clutched my cookies tightly, "Oh my god Logan..."

"I'm so lucky and I know it, and I pray that I can show it. You're a girl of great looks and a big heart, oh my girl- she's such a work of art," Logan said in a Shakespearean voice, attracting more attention than I wanted. I was standing here in sweatpants and a hoody, definitely not a work of art today.

He knew exactly what he was doing and I knew he was enjoying making me flustered. I chuckled nervously as a couple people smiled at us, my cheeks burning.

"Logan, please stand up," I mumbled embarrassedly, grinning involuntarily. This was cute and adorable but I was in the spotlight and to my horror, this probably looked like he was proposing to me.

I squeaked as Logan jumped up and attacked me with kisses, twirling us around and nearly making me drop my cookies.

I could've died at the sound of a small chorus of awe's. I can never come back to this store again.

"Isn't my girlfriend the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?" Logan smiled at some random person and they chuckled, nodding politely.

I took the rose Logan offered and hid my face, which was a startling red by now.

People meandered on and Logan burst out laughing.

"You're so annoying," I giggled, setting my cookies in the cart.

"But I'm so romantic," Logan said exaggeratedly, throwing an arm around my shoulders as we walked towards the cashier.

"Those were terrible poems," I smirked, hip bumping him.

"You loved it," he retorted, bumping me and nearly knocking me into a shelf.

"Whatever," I looked away. But I sniffed the sweet smelling rose and smiled. Logan did happen to be romantic.

Within the next hour, we were out of Chicago and on the road for Wyoming. After I persuaded the gps to work, anyway.

----------------------

"It's not my fault the gps is a piece of shit!" I growled.

"Well I kinda need to know where I'm going," Logan snapped, glaring at the road.

"I'm working on it," I hissed at him and studied the map in front of me.