Now I was humiliated. I hated being embarrassed in front of so many people. And then I saw them.

Diego and Lara.

He grabbed her by the hips and kissed her. I remember when he used to do that to me. Or did he? And the laughs continued.

Everybody hated me.

I hated myself.

And then there was an ear-piercingly loud scream. I looked around to find who it was when I realised.

It was me.

"FUCK WAKE UP!" My shoulders are shaken and my eyes snap open and I gasp

Diego hovers above me, beads of sweat coating his forehead. He breathes a sigh of relief and rubs his thumb gently over my cheeks. Only then do I realise they were wet.

"What happened?" I croak.

"You were tossing and turning, and then you began crying and suddenly you screamed," Diego tells me, sitting back.

He grabs my waist and pulls me into his arms. He runs his fingers through my hair and presses a kiss on my head.

"You really scared me," He whispers.

"Sorry," I say softly.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I don't say anything. I lick my dry lips and clear my throat.

"You need to tell me," He says and I shake my head. He rolls his eyes. "You're insane if you think I'm going to let this nightmare pass," He says.

I was still shaking. The dream was so vivid. So real. Except for the blurry faces which I only realised now actually made no sense. But it was scary. I was always one of those people that cared more about what people thought of me than what I did.

I always cared about whether people liked me or not. I always tried so hard in high school to make sure that I never got on bad terms with anybody. I hated to be humiliated. I was insecure in high school, and I guess I'm not quite over it.

It's not like I was bullied in school (there was only the occasional teasing by some but they teased everybody) that my insecurity arose, it was more of a natural thing. My insecurity was a culmination of my own degrading thoughts.

You can't walk properly. You sit weirdly. You have a horrible voice. Nobody likes you.

And the likes.

People's thoughts about me were more important than my own. If somebody even whispered I would think that they were whispering about me, laughing at me.

"Tea?" Diego asks me.

I nod. He takes my hand gently as if he was afraid that i would shatter in his arms. I honestly felt a bit weak, fragile.

Beautiful Mistake | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara