Chapter 35 Flash On, Put... Put... Stall!

Começar do início

“Sure thing, Mother be right back.” She flashed and was back in a few seconds, that was fast. “Here you go, Mother right were you said it would be. Are you feeling alright this morning? First the flash now this? You never forget things.” She pointed out.

“Yes, honey, I guess I am still getting over the two hits to my head. That must be the cause of the forgetfulness this morning.” I hope at least it is. 'me too, Mother' 'Darn I keep forgetting about that little thingie we do, too' We watched an hour of Super and Human news then walked into the dining room together taking our usual seats. For some unknown reason it was like my stomach was trying to eat it's way up my esophagus: yeah I was that hungry. Slowly, ever too slowly, bodies flashed into the room, then in walked Wilda and Stela laughing at something; as usual. They had to be the two happiest sisters alive. “Morning everyone.” I called out to the family.

“Morning, Valia.” Rang the greeting back.

“How are you feeling this morning, sweetie?” Wilda asked concern plastered all over her face.

“I am much better, Wilda, thank you very much for asking. Well, with the exception of this hunger of mine.” I explained.

“Well, that is a good thing after not really eating anything, but what was fed into your vanes for almost three weeks. I bet your stomach is baron.”

“Good point. I never thought about it that way.” When it was time to get up I found myself filling a plate with every sort of meat produced Maria made, not even leaving room for my favorite of all, cheesy eggs. I would be going back for that later. I filled a glass full to the rim of blood taking a big sip first then refilling it with more blood then taking my place at the table.

“What was all that at the serving table? Valia?”

“Oh, Sorry. I couldn't wait, the blood was calling to me." I blushed, my eyes turned a rosy shade of reddish pink. "I had to take a sip or I swear my system was going to go crazy on me.” to true, it was.

“OK. Very unusual, but I guess...” Wilda left it hanging.

After Bavo said prayers we dug in. I went back two more time to refill my plate, finally getting my cheesy eggs. Yum. When I rolled away from the table, full, Diana and I helped clear everything away then helped Wilda and Stela with the house for a while, it was still snowing outside, so, naturally we had nothing better to do. Once the house was clean and tidy we snuck down to my little section of the training room to see if any of my other elemental talents were effected; fortunately they weren't—evident when we finished testing at the fountain, and went to go back upstairs and passed too close to Bavo and he blew a hole in the rear wall—

“—Valia! Diana! You both down here again?” We got shouted at. Again! I giggled and started running up the stairs pulling Diana behind me slamming the door at the top of the stairs behind us. 'No proof, No proof you didn't see me, us.' I Giggled.

I turned to Diana laughing pulling her into a hug. “I am... okay, honey. You had me worried this morning that I lost my powers, but..., all is well. Though, Bavo is going to be madder than a hornet when he comes up at lunch time. I think we better go tell Wilda to call for the repair crew, again.” I tugged her along with me in search of Wilda. We found her dusting the sitting room, finally. “Wilda, honey, would you mind calling for a repair crew to come fix a minor hole in the wall in the training room, again.” I asked, ducking my eyes behind my curtain of black hair.

“What have you two been up to now?” She stopped what she was dusting, and put both her balled up hands on her hips facing us.

“Nothing too bad, we just went down to see if I lost any of my powers. Guess what? I haven't. If anything I think they have gotten stronger. Bavo blew a hole in the rear wall, and we were no where near him this time, we were over by the steps when it happened.”

“Oh. My. Goddess. Just what we need. You two with even more power than before!” Wilda threw up her hands; the duster went flying into the air. Diana sped around her, and caught it before it hit the floor then handed it back to her. I was impressed at her new speed.

“WOW! Impressive speed there, Diana!” I commented. I think my eyebrows were still in my bangs from my eyes being open so wide. “Amazing!” Wilda shook her head, and took back the duster.

“I will place the call as soon as I am done dusting in here,” I was going to tell her we would finish dusting for her, but I think we have caused enough trouble for one day, already. We went to my couch recliner, and plopped down. I curled my feet under me, and got comfortable as did Diana. We spent the rest of the morning till lunchtime watching daytime tele chatting about the battle that went on the day I was injured. There was so much I really didn't know about. I really think we may have to forgo any more God work in the near future; that is not something I plan to relive. Too painful.

Sure enough, when it was time for lunch, and all the gang was seated around the dining room table, Bavo went and hit us with: “Valia, Diana, what gives with you two coming down to the training room when you know you are not allowed...” He was cut off by Wilda.

“That is enough out of you, Master Bavo. I have called for repairs. Valia and Diana, had no idea their powers had increase, again. They were down because Valia was having problems flashing this morning and she though she lost them all. She was just testing them in her section. When you had a problem. They were by the steps heading out and no where near you, it shouldn't have even happened.” Wilda explained. Thank you, Wilda, way to set him in his place.

“Oh, lost your powers, huh? That would have been bad.” Bavo said looking at me. Some apogee.

“Yes, well...” I didn't know what else to say. I looked down at the table before me. “I am fine now, better than fine.” I said quietly.

“So I see...”

“Bavo!” Wilda warned. I heard him sigh out to my left. We all got up after Maria finished filling the table with our food. I was starving once again though this time only went back one more time to refill my plate, and had three glasses of blood. I was so thirsty. Diana and I flashed back up to our room,, and stayed up there talking, lazing around on the bed, chatting the day away; kind of a mother daughter day. It was a nice way to spend a snowy day. We were both in bed early that night mostly because I was exhausted, and she was still keeping an eye on me; like a hawk. I guess I really scared the dickens out of my little girl. Well, we both need the good nights rest after what I put the whole family through.