Kickin' Ass and Chewing Gum

Start from the beginning

"You're insane if you're thinking about facing off against whatever this is!" Jasper's usually hate filled voice said, the words carried to her by magic.

"What would you have me do?" Gideon countered, knowing he was using magic to listen. "I won't let it get to our kids." she stated simply. A Fury was just supposed to be a killing and rending machine, but somehow Gideon's urges had morphed into a fiercely protective instinct.

"Do you even know what it is?" Jasper asked, tone sounding almost respectful.

Another screaming roar filled the air and Gideon turned to stare out at the Punt. "Maelstrom." she breathed.

Of course it had to be something impossible. Gideon shuddered as she gave in to the need for violence. "MAELSTROM!" The Fury bellowed, elliciting several startled yelps and screams from the unsuspecting kids.

Gideon felt her awareness of the boys and girls at her back fade away, no longer aware of the dragon watching her back or even the rest of the world outside the oncoming monster. The sentience of the Punt had been corrupted and used, turned into an amplifierto pull through a beast Gideon had hoped to never see again. Of the sixteen girls and women whom had been sent in to recon many years ago, Gideon and her mentor had bene the only two to survive. Their employer had finally carpet bombed the area and then used some very heavy mojo to seal the area away. To say that Gideon had never expected to see one again would be wrong, she'd just hoped that her nightmares was the only place it would appear. She was wrong.

Virgil's hand hovered over her shoulder, not descending becaause he knew it would be dangerous, even for a creature like him. "I think I might die today." Gideon confessed softly.

"I'd prefer if you didn't. I'm not into necrophelia and you promised to rock my world if I'm not mistaken."  Virgil replied as if this wasn't a serious situation.

Everyone jerked forward, suked in by a strong gravity and then thrown back and away by an air blast. Gideon was crouched low but hadn't fallen, perversely glad that it had finally manifested. It was time to get serious. She stepped away, knowing that no one was going to follow after her this time. When a Summoned creature coalesces, its form is constrained only by the Summoner's imagination. The Maelstrom monster Gideon finally spied was like facing off against an organic Transformer. Pieces of rock, stone, gravel, dirt, sand, grass and even trees littered it's body, showing that it had taken patches of everything the Camp had to offer. More than just topography, she could see pieces of every Portentum inside the Camp, from vampire to witch, goblin to demon and all the gradients inbetween; everything but her kind. She only hoped that it would be enough to allow her to survive this.

If anyone had followed Gideon out, they would have seen a Fury in her full glory. Gideon's skin was strangely luminescent even with the darkness under it, like moonlight dancing with shadows. Her eyes were pure onyx and even her artificially bright red hair was sparking with dark energy. It was time to kill or be killed. With quick, precise movements, Gideon stripped off the shirt and pants she wore, standing in bare essentials only. She wasn't being an exhibitionist, but instead knew that clothes just got in her way. Furies didn't use weapons or magic to kill; instead they used their very being. Gideon would be painting this creature with as many death sigils as she could, in her own blood, and then she would summon the Fury gift of undoing. She'd pull the Malestrom apart piece by piece until either she or it died. There was no future beyond that moment in her mind and no past to weigh her down either. Entirely in the moment, Gideon grabbed her multi tool and slashed open both her forearms to paint her hands in red.

The scent of her blood hit the air and she heard the Maelstrom suck it in, honing in on the power in her scent signature. A deep, phlegmy sounding purr grumbled through the air, like a glacier sliding against stone. It was pleased to have something to play with, and Gideon knew how unlikely it would be for her to walk away from this. Hell, she'd take crawling away, but even hoping for that would be overly optimistic. Gideon fifn't waste anytime and ran at the Mael, dodging under its first swipe to smear a quick sigil on its leg. Not expecting a tail, Gideon executed a hasty shoulder roll to dodge and had to scramble to try and stay in the behemoth's blind spot. The tail weaved and swayed like a crocodile's and Gideon painted a little death and scrambled onto the Mael's back.