Covering Your Assets

The pall of resentment and impending doom filled the mess hall with the fairly typical scent of teenaged angst and desperation. Gideon stood with the other Councillors as the Flag was handed out on Wednesday, and kept her face pleasantly blank. Jasper was looking gloating and proud, his intake awarded the first flag of the Camp.

Of course, since Gideon, Lisa and Xavier had been focusing on actually helping the kids instead of having the intakes run around and do basic community service acts, it was no surprise Jasper had gotten it first. Still, Gideon's pride was stung because she knew the bigoted idiot had been more concerned with looking good in front of others than he seemed to be about helping the kids who were depending on him. In fact, as weird as it sounded, Gideon wished that Jasper would just get 'promoted' already to Senior Councillor, so that Doc Cyr could see what he was really like to work with. After that he'd either shape up or ship out. Doc doesn't suffer fools for very long.

Scanning the room, Gideon noticed something that made her feel on alert. Her intake was being typical, shouting out obnoxious things to Jasper's kids, taunting and teasing, promising to steal the flag and all the usual jazz of chest pounding amongst teens. Except that three of Jasper's kids were whispering and pointing at intake 5, and the vicious cruelty in their eyes had Gideon almost curling her lip. She may act like she forgot these guys names all the time, but they were her kids and that made her more than a little protective of them.

Gideon's thoguht process was roughly pulled from contemplating the problems that might be brewing when a very loud crack sounded in the room. Eyes swiveled to look in her direction in shock and manly chuckles sounded in the sudden silence. Virgil had just slapped her ass and hard as she walked by.

"You did not just do that." Gideon stated, tone flat.

"I couldn't help it. Your ass was tempting my hand and they seem to have a torrid love affair afoot." Virgil batted his eyelashes at Gideon playfully. "You can always spank me back if you'd like." he offered cheekily.

Gideon kept the amused smile off her face, already feeling the Punt try to intervene on this flirting. It wouldn't bounce either her or Virgil out, but it would make it uncomfortable to endure it. "Sure, stand up, assume the position and I'll go get a paddle from Cookie." Gideon replied without hesitation. Her words caused everyone to start laughing and tease Virgil, and Gideon shook her head, laughing as the convict stayed seated. It seemed he still didn't know how to read her and couldn't risk her being plainly honest. That or he remembered that Gids doesn't bluff.

Jasper gave her a death glare as she'd successfully taken the attention off of his intake and their temporary moment to shine. Gideon just shrugged and signed to him even if he didn't understand ASL.

Bring it on city boy Gideon signed, making Lisa laugh.

Think we need to duct tape him to the outside of his own door again? Lisa inquired, making Gideon grin.

If he keeps hounding my kids, we're going to have to be more darastic Gideon warned, only half joking.

Naked to the outside of Doc's door?Lisa suggested and Gideon laughed out loud.

A few people looked their way, Jasper squinting in suspicion as he correctly guessed that they were talking about him. Not that he understood ASL to follow. It was enough that they were laughing after looking at him. He stormed over the the duo, and since he was unwilling to actually touch Gideon, he grabbed Lisa's shoulder to roughly pull her to face him.

"What the fuck are you two laughing at?" he demanded in a low voice.

"You." Lisa replied under her breath, not wanting to undermine another Councillor in front of the intakes.