Picking a Label

I really should have the breakfast club theme song right about now... Gideon mused, leafing through the pages her intake had written. There was a smirk on her face as she looked at them, wondering if teenagers were like butterflies; instincts leading them around but they haven't an actual clue. The specific words varied, but the theme was almost the same in all of them. That they really hadn't learned a damn thing today, other than to be more careful next time. Well, at least they were starting to grasp rule #2 even if #1 still eludes them.

It was time to go a route Gideon hated to take. She could see the way the group dynamic was forming and this was gonig to be a bumpy ride for all. None of them were really trying to bond with each other, even though the two girls were usually together, they also snipped at each other frequently, frenemies. The irony wasn't lost on Gideon, she knew that what she was about to do to them worked. Because it's what the Doctor had done to her.

While the kids were eating, Gideon set the stage for the game they'd spend the next six weeks playing. "Virgil." Gideon muttered the convict's name as she posted his board on one of the walls. Under it she lablled him, Convict. Under that, she listed his crimes. On the opposite side of the graph, she left a blank area for the things he chooses to do next.

"Trinity." She set up the witch's board. The girl's label, Addict. Under that, the same as for the empath, a list of offences. There was going to be no barriers in this group. It was going to be brutal, but it was the only way to get these distinct and jagged personalities to come together.

"Ankou." The necromancer's board went up. The label for him would probably be the biggest surprise of the bunch. He volunteered to be here, apparently for 'authority issues and compulsive lying'. The lying is right, because he wasn't here to make himself better. One of the tricks of the Punt, was that it absorbed intentions and let the Senior Councillors know. And then it trickled down as necessary to the Councillors. Poser was the necromancer's label.

"Gids, we got a problem." Gideon's Senior Councillor said casually, walking in with a smile on his face. He honestly thought that the House Councillor's thought he was cool, and the tool honestly had a creepy crush on Gideon that made the Councillor obscenely grateful for the Punt. He could do nothing worse than imply his flirtation towards her, Gideon could often just play dumb and he'd drop it.

"What is it Hasselberry?" Gideon asked, not using his first name purposefully. Thus far she'd been able to 'remind' the Senior Councillor of their workplace dynamic by keeping professional and pleasantly oblivious.

"Gideon, it's Fred, please." he smiled but Gideon didn't reciprocate the teeth flashing. He looked momentarily unsettled, then smiled even brighter and walked closer. "We have a late entry coming to your intake. The young man is.... well he's been raised human." The Senior Councillor trailed off as Gideon extended her hand.

Although the man had a strange, pseudo-crush on Gideon, no one touched her without steeling themselves first, and eventually Senior Councillor Hasselberry grabbed Gideon's hand and shared the 'file' on hte kid with her. It was Hasselberry's best spell, the warlock could transfer whole books of information through touch, a mnemonic collector. Transfer of information complete and the Senior Councillor withdrew his hand from Gideon's and shook the fingers out, trying to rub the pins and needles sensation away.

"Peter Ying. Thought he was a normal redblood until about yesterday. Then his family dropped the big shoe on him. Coming here voluntarily?" Gideon blinked and frowned. "There's nothing wrong with this kid, why's he coming here?"

The Senior Councillor sighed. "The Doctor accepted him. And specifically assigned him to us." he smiled at Gideon again, trying to subtly move closer and she rolled her eyes.