38. PINK UNICORN

38. Pink Unicorn

Zai's POV

"No way you drew that yourself. It's too pinkish," I teased Aaron as he showed to me the new logo of the Poetry Lounge.

I was combing my hair seated on the bed. I just had a shower and I am excited to spend the entire Sunday with my husband. The entire week has been so busy and I have been looking forward for this day.

"Isn't pink this month's theme for the Lounge?" he said, rolling his eyes.

I giggled. I knew he disliked drawing feminine stuff and to see him make an effort really gladdens me. I grab the sketch pad, stood on the bed and raised it.

The logo was a pink shadowy figure of a unicorn.

"A unicorn?" I asked, in between laughs.

Aaron went up on the bed, grab the sketch pad and before I knew it, he was already able to pin me down on the bed, him on top of me.

"You laughed," he uttered.
I giggled before answering.

"Yes, I laugh. A unicorn?"

"Oh do not belittle unicorns Baby. They are magical creatures that can attract clients. As soon as we put up the new logo, Zai's Poetry Lounge will need another twice the space it has now," he boasted.

This time it was I who rolled my eyes.

"Oh you dare roll your eyes on me huh?" he teased.

"And what if I do Mr. Architect of the Year Awardee?" I challenged him.

He was about to answer when a knock was heard from the door.

"Mom, Dad, Kakah Yahya finished the Nutella," little Janna complained.

Both of us immediately rose up from the bed.

Aaron opened the door revealing our two – year old daughter carrying an empty jar of Nutella.

"See Daddy, he finished them all," Janna said with her cute little voice.

"Well, maybe Kakah Yahya just didn't want your teeth to decay, that's why," Aaron told her while gently pinching her cheek.

Janna shook her head.

"But I want a Nutella!" she insisted.

This made us both giggle.

"I'm just going to buy you one later baby," I said, scooping her up and carrying her.

"Yey! Thank you Mommy. I love you Mommy," she said delightedly, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"How about Daddy? Don't I get a kiss too?" Aaron asked.

Janna was about to answer when the sound of a vase crashing was heard at the middle room.

"No, not another one," I yelped.

We went to the living room as I was still carrying Janna and there was Yahya, squatting down on a broken vase, with his basketball on the other arm.

"Sorry, I was dribbling then the ball..."

"Why on earth were you..." I started to rant but Aaron touched my arm and shook his heads, as if stopping me.

"It's just a vase. How about we go outside and do more than just dribbling," Aaron suggested to our adopted son who will soon be graduating elementary.

Yahya's face brightened up.

"Sure Dad but first I've got to clean this mess," he said apologetically, feeling guilty.