Chapter 5

I woke up on the beach with Liam’s arms around me. We had danced the whole night. It was amazing, he was amazing. It rolled over gently and Liam tightened his grip around me.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said sleepily.

“Morning babe” I replied as he bent in to kiss me. Our kiss lasted a couple of minutes before being interrupted by someone clearing their throats behind us. We both chuckled.

“Do you want to go for a swim??” I asked

“Ok” he said as he took his shirt off. I started to stare at his chest. He laughed and grabbed my hand as we ran into the waves. My life was perfect at that moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had spent at least an hour in the surf before we decided to come back to shore. My clothes were now starting to feel disgusting and even though I was dreading going home I really did want to get changed.

“So, what do you want to do today Babe??” Liam asked

“Well the first thing I want to do is get out of these clothes, they feel disgusting.” I said making a face. He laughed.

“Ok, do you live near here??”  

“Yeah, kinda. I mean it’s a five minute walk.”

“Ok which way” I looked at the ground, I didn’t really want him to come back to my place. What if mum in a mood?? Or didn’t like Liam or grounds me in front of him. That was when I remembered what happened yesterday.

“What’s wrong??” Liam asked as he lifted my chin so he could see my face. He was clearly concerned.

“Oh nothing,” I said putting on a fake smile.

“I don’t believe you, you can tell me Cleo,” He said in a gentle voice.

“I know, it’s just… It’s a long story.”

“Ok how about I walk you home so you can get changed then we can go have a coffee or something and you can tell me.” He said in same voice he had spoken to me before. I just nodded as in reply. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, as we started walking to my house.

Liam’s P.O.V.

Something was wrong, it was something big, I could feel t in the pit of my stomach.  I looked down Cleo as she looked at the ground. It was the first time a noticed a bluish purple mark on her cheek. All I could think about was how she got that mark on her face. As much as I wanted to believe it was from when she got washed away by the surf yesterday all I could think about was her being hit by someone. It was a horrible thought.

We arrived at her house and she bent down to get the key from underneath the mat and unlocked the door. I followed her through the door. Cleo stopped as soon as she got in there. It was a mess. chairs had been tipped over, the lounge chair was upside down not to mention that all the cupboards doors were open and the contents were everywhere. No wonder she didn’t want me to come here.

I didn’t let Cleo out my sight as she walked into and out of the kitchen, living room, laundry and bathroom, until we reached her room where she stood there frozen. All her clothes had been thrown on the ground her bed was balancing on its side and all picture and posters were ripped up.

I put my arms around her and she just stood there and digging her fingernails into my hand. She turned around to face me and I tightened my grip around her as she cried into my chest. I’ve never felt so helpless in my life; I hated seeing her so upset. It broke my heart. I never wanted to see her this upset again. I would never her let her be this upset again and that was a promise.

Please remember to vote if you like this story. I would also love to her what you think about it. It would mean a lot. I'm also trying to up load a chapter every day so I'm sorry if I miss a day.

Luv Zoe xoxox