Chapter One

BRRRRRINNNNG!!!! I threw my maths papers into the air along with the rest of the class and watched as the rest of the class run out of the class room. I know I should be running out with them. I mean who stays behind in the last day before the summer holidays but unlike the rest of the other kids my summer wasn’t going to be full of fun and spending time with friends and family. Instead I was looking after my mum who is addict to gambling and spends most of her time at the pub.

I bent over and started to pick some of the maths sheets off ground. I swear that some kids threw their whole books in the air. After most of them were all off the ground I slowly walked out of the classroom. Everyone else was gone, I reached into my school bag and got out my ipod. I put the headphone in my ear and put it on shuffle. I was dreading going home so I took a detour and walked along the beach font instead.

I opened the door and took a quick glance towards the living room. Mum was asleep on the couch. I went straight up to my room and started to rearrange my wardrobe. I hated when I all I could see was my winter clothes when I was looking for summer.  

After I finished that I went down stairs and started to cook dinner. It was Friday night so I decided that pizza would be nice. I got out the frozen pizza bases and the cheese. I wacked on some tomato sauce and ham so it would have some flavour and put it straight in the oven. It would be ready in 10 minutes.

I walked into the living room and shook mum gently “mum, mum” I asked quietly trying to not scare her. “What do you want?” She said harshly and rolled over to face the wall.  She didn’t want to talk to me, she never did.

 “I was wondering if maybe we could, I don’t know, have dinner together.” I said awkwardly.

 “We never have dinner together.” She said back frustrated.

“I know so wouldn’t it be nice if we did”

“Maybe some other time.” She said as she got and walked towards the door. She was going to play the pokies. I knew she was.

“Mum don’t!!! We are running low on money as it is you can’t go back. I want to be well educated and have a happy life. If you keep on gambling I won’t be able to go to school” I practically yelled at her.

“Well maybe if you didn’t waste your money on phone credit and ITunes cards, you could go to school.” She yelled as she slammed the door.

I just stood there. We fight every night but tonight it just felt different. I don’t know what it is but it was something.

The oven timer went off and walked to kitchen and pulled out the pizza. It was dark in the kitchen but I didn’t care, putting a light on meant wasting money. So I sat there, in the dark and ate my pizza alone.

Well that the first chapter, I hope you like and don't worry I wil mention Liam in the next chapter. Please comment!!!