Rule #28 Always be prepared

Start from the beginning

"See you later" he said from the door, winking before he jogged outside to the Mercedes. He could make it in 12 minutes.

Louis was the first person he saw when he reached the apartment, an annoyed look on his face.
"He's off his rocker this morning. I'm assuming Lex turned his ass down?" Louis said in a low voice as they walked to the kitchen together.

Bryson could feel him dissecting his appearance; the untucked shirt with 3 undone buttons and no tie, his disheveled hair that he kept running his hands through to make decent, the way he kept rubbing his jaw. He shot Louis a glare, accepting the cup of tea he passed him.

Before he could add anything, Magnus appeared in the kitchen followed by Dragon. He looked pissed, his usually slicked back blonde hair in disarray and his skin pasty. Wild eyes bore into Bryson, but he was used to it and didn't visibly seem affected.

"Where the fuck have you been?! I've been looking for you for hours!" He practically yelled, clamping his jaw together as Bryson raised a brow and sipped his tea.

"You said we had the night off. So I took the night off. What happened?" He asked curiously, leaning on the counter, Louis and Dragon not moving an inch. Magnus looked at the three of them and his rage seemed to escalate.

"That... That little smart mouth --"
"Turned you down?" Dragon supplied with a surprised look.
"Wasn't interested?" Bryson added, mostly for amusement as Magnus squirmed in irritation.

"Yes!!! She's insufferable! You should've seen her, all pish posh like she was a lady of the nobility. Ordering without looking at the menu, flicking her wrists at waiters like she'd been there a million times!" he said, his voice pitching as he said the last part.

"Boss come on you can do better than a teacher !" Dragon threw in, baffled at why he was so upset. Louis rolled his eyes and left the room, he always teased Dragon about being an ass kisser.

"That is the point Dragon! I can have any woman I want, regardless of the age. And this one doesn't bite. That irks me" Magnus said darkly and Bryson pushed off of the counter with a dry laugh.

"No offense, but... Maybe you're too used to women throwing themselves at you. Those Eurohoes with their accents and shit. But if you want a teacher..." he said, cocking his head at Dragon with a knowing smirk.

"The feisty math teacher?! Nahhhh!" Dragon said good naturedly, his eyes betraying a different emotion towards Bryson.

"Let's forget teachers and talk about other prospects!" Louis said, waltzing into the room with The NY Times Arts section in his hand, tossing it on the counter.

"A violinist?" Bryson asked in confusion.

"The violinist of the century. Karena Latevsky" Red piped up, walking to the sink with her flaming red haired neatly braided in a Dutch braid. With high cheekbones, wide brown eyes and almost translucent porcelain skin, Red could transform into anyone at the drop of a hat.
Magnus seemed intrigued, which allowed Bryson to expel a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding. With a shake of his head, he headed to his room, going straight to the shower.

The cold water cooled him down but didn't squash his memories of Lex under him from the night before. As he soaped himself up, he remembered her caramel hands gliding down his chest and he sighed, closing his eyes as he leaned against the tile wall.