6 || namjoon - hair dye [⚠️]

[storyline by as_tuan , I wrote this out for her bc it was for meeeeeee]

You sigh, as you finish welcoming a new customer. Since you're not currently cutting someones hair, you're listening to music, hoping that your boss doesn't notice. You've been a hairdresser for at least 3 years now and not that you'd ever admit this, but you love it; it just gets a little boring sometimes, so you wait impatiently for another person to walk through the door, burying your head in your arms.
"Uhh, hello?" A voice stutters, causing you to cautiously lift your head from your arms. You follow the words back up to meet with a head full of pastel pink hair. A smirk creeps its way onto your lips as you eye the pretty creature standing tall in front of you.
"Annyeonghaseo" you say bowing, "how can I help you, sir?"
"I need this mess washed and styled" he says, gesturing towards his hair, chuckling a little when he speaks.
His voice.
Whenever he speaks, tingles shoot down your back and you can't help but watch his lips move.
You snap back into focus due to the man in front of you smirking deviously. "Ne, I'll have to do it as everyone else is occupied" you reply, half to him, half to yourself.
"That's fine" a smile tugs at the corners of his mouth.
"Name, please?" you try to pull back your smirk.
"Kim Namjoon" he winks at you, causing a pink tinge to rest itself upon your cheeks.
"Gurae, follow me please" you try to remain professional, when inside you're screaming like a child.
You begin the routine, trying to take your eyes away from his lips, sighing at the typicality in your job.
You wash his hair, remembering your boss' rules; Rule 13: Make small talk with the customer and make them as comfortable as possible.
"So, what do you do for a living?"
"I um- I rap..." he replies, you can tell he's new to this by how shy he is now, compared to the manly figure you met with before.
"Jinjja? Nice!" you say, impressed by the reply.
"*laughs* thanks!" That voice. It had you spinning.

~TIME SKIP~

"Thank you, noona!" says Namjoon, staring at his newly-trimmed hairstyle; you allow a proud smile to rest itself on your lips.
"Namjoon-ssi, don't call me noona, I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you anyways!"
"Ah well then call me oppa, I can promise that I'll be visiting weekly so... get used to this pretty face" he smirks on the last words, causing the same red glow to creep onto your face.
"May I give you my number?" Namjoon asks, catching you off guard.

Rule 8: Employees must not kiss/hug/etc. any clients while working.

"Uhh, sure I guess" you reply, clearly flustered, as Namjoon tosses you a piece of paper.

Call me! XXX-XXX-XXX
~K.Namjoon <3

~TIME SKIP~

Two months had passed since that day and Namjoon had kept his promise to visit the salon weekly. You'd sit him down, wash his hair, style it, occasionally trim it and then he'd walk you home. You'd discovered that you lived near eachother after the second week, walking home and thinking he was stalking you, you turned around, only to see him enter his house.

Every Wednesday after Namjoon came to your work, you'd walk home together, it was nice; it was company.

~~

You were walking with him now, taking strides as long as you could to keep up with him. There was a comfortable silence hanging in the air, not disturbing either of you, as you stole a glance to admire his face in detail.

His features were beautifully prominent and all in proportion. You loved the way his pink mop of hair hung over his eyes after he ruffled it, and you laughed as he tripped up on the pavement.
"Yah! Don't laugh! Help me, jebal?" he smiles cutely as you give in, offering a hand out for him to take.
He takes your hand and pulls himself up as you continue walking, but Namjoon won't let go of your hand.