2 || kai - dinner party

[ this one is for as_tuan , don't miss me too much - ily <3]

"CHEERS!" You shout along with the other nine boys.

You're out celebrating EXO's new album with the boys themselves and beside you, Kai turns and smiles.
"[y/n], you look beautiful".
His words cause heat to rise on your cheeks, "thank you Jongin" you reply shyly.

~here's some background info~

Your brother is Kim Jongdae (Chen), and to make things awkward, all of your brothers best friends hit on you constantly, regardless of Chen's protesting.

~~~

"Yah, Chen! Why does Kai get to hit on your sister and we don't?" Says Sehun, shooting you a wink.
"He doesn't! Kai, leave my sister alone"
"I'll try but... no promises" he smirks when saying the last words.

Later on you've all finished eating and you're being left out of a discussion about their managers. You slump in your chair, exhausted from eating so much and eventually you fall asleep. As you start to slip off your chair, before your head can hit the floor, Kai catches and holds you, shaking you slightly.
"Wake up [y/n], hello? HELLO?"
"Huh? Oh, did I fall asleep?"
You say, still half asleep but otherwise awake. Kai giggles and pulls you in for a hug, "yeah, are yo-"
"KAI! I said not to touch her! Thanks for saving her and all but she's my sister for gods sake"
"Uh, yeah sorry chen" Kai replies, flustered.
He helps you up and you sit back down, still red in the face.

"Okay, I'll pay for the food? I'm the leader, it's my treat" says Suho and nobody objects.
Your brother stands up, "I'm going to the toilet I'll be right back" he says and walks away.
The second he's gone, all the boys turn to you.
"So [y/n], who do you like the most out of us? Like... romantically" says Baekhyun smirking cheekily.
"I-I uhh"
"Guys leave it, she's Chen's sister. She probably just sees us as brothers" Kai says smiling sweetly at you.

"Well actually I uh, I do have a crush on someone here" you curse yourself on the inside "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!"

"Yah! Tell us!" They chant, all of them acting cute and excited.

"Well, um I-"
"GUYS! I said don't hit on her" says your brother returning to his seat next to you.
"Aish! Chen! Please? She's so sweet and gorgeous, I'd love to have a girlfriend like her" says Kyungsoo, teasing the now angry boy.
"Well too bad, so what if she likes Kai, I'll never let them d-", he stops, realising his mistake. Everyone looks defeated and angry, that is, except Kai of course. A smirk has crept its way onto his face and he glances over at you, blushing madly.

Your entire body is fuming with rage at your brother, "Kim Jongdae, when I get my hands on you I'm gonna-"
"It's okay [y/n], I um, I like you too" says Kai, placing his hand on your thigh and squeezing it reassuringly.
"No it isn't, even if you know now, I can't date you because my brother is an asshole"
"Actually I-", Chen starts to interrupt, before you cut him off sharply.
"Chen wait, I'm tired of you controlling who I can date, I can't take it anymore" you say, a sudden urge compelling you to kiss Kai takes over and you grab his face and push your lips onto his.
The kiss doesn't last long but it's long enough to taste him, to feel his soft lips dance in sync with yours and to feel content. "Finally!" You think, smiling as you notice the other boys faces and pull away. They all look a combination of mad and heartbroken, seeing them like this causes you and Kai to giggle quietly.
"[y/n] I um, do you want to be my g-"
"Wait. Let me speak first." Says Chen, you'd forgotten he was here "[y/n], I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tried to control your love life, and Kai?" He leans over to Kai and smirking he says "hurt her, and I'll kill you".

THE END.
---------------
I don't know if I like this one? Leave your opinion in the comments :))