[Chapter 4] Finding Her

-Rachael's POV-

Joey took my hand in his and transported us to some antarctic-like place. Snow covered the ground for miles. A heavy, freezing breeze passed by. I hugged myself for warmth as my teeth began to chatter. "Where are we?" I questioned, starting to shiver.

"This is the place I went to when I ran away," He answered, starting to crunch through the snow, "It's up high in the Rocky Mountains. I'm the only one who knows about it. Not even Idris knows. No one but me knows how to get here and how to find the house. So hurry up, or you'll freeze to death out here."

I nodded my head in understanding and jogged up to his side. We walked for a little before I could see a house with smoke coming out the chimney. I was about to run towards the one source of warmth when Joey stuck his arm out, stopping me. "They're there," He mumbled under his breath, "How the hell did they find my place!?!" He yelled, his shout echoing through the mountains and the embers on his clothes glowing brighter.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked.

"They're looking for you," He replied, glancing down at me, "When I read their minds, they knew you'd be with me. They want to take you back to Idris." He looked forward and sighed, "How the hell did she come back? I thought she was gone for good."

"I don't know! Shouldn't you?"

He shook his head no, "I don't know everything, Rachael. All I know is that someone called K is looking for you. And she's working for your mom."

"Who's K?" I questioned.

"I don't know!" He snapped at me, "But what I do know is that we've got to leave, Rach. We need to find a new place. Because I know that, whoever they are, they will do anything to find you. And you're dangerous out on your own. But you can be one hundred times more dangerous if you're in the wrong hands. So I'm not letting them, or anyone else for that matter, find you."

I was speechless, staring into his red eyes in a complete daze.

He interlocked his fingers with mine and smirked before transporting us to some place new.

-Idris's POV-

I was walking through the halls, noticing the little things that have changed since I was gone. Sure, it was still my castle, but I felt like it wasn't my home anymore.

There was definitely more cameras that were visible watching my every step. When I was here, I had them hidden well. Now I could spot each and every camera. There were also many faces I did not recognize, whether they were passing me in the halls, coming out of rooms that had been completely altered, and even appearing out of thin air.

That's when I crossed the conference hall. I pushed the slightly opened door open and saw K standing before one of the three wall-wide panel of computers. I couldn't believe this used to be the one room that represented both sides of the witch world and had a long table in the center.

I stepped through the door quietly and got a good look at all of the computers. Each one had a different screen. Each screen focused on one of the demons - both of my daughters, the girl who shot me in the head, the two guys who stole my daughters' hearts, the wizard who betrayed me, the prophecy, and her grandfather. There were also views on various places, like Anthony and Ian's abandoned house, Samantha's house, and a house in the middle of a snowy nowhere.

"What's all of this?" I inquired aloud.

K heard me and glanced back at me, "Oh, uh...this is...something I added to make sure we'll be able to find Rachael. I've got it under control."

"Are you sure?" I contradicted, taking a step closer to her, "Because it seems like you're just watching them and not doing anything about it."

"I'm doing something about it!" She retorted, "I sent my men out to find your daughter, but for some stupid-ass reason, she's not there," She answered.

"Where's there?"

"You ask way too many questions," She noted, walking over to the opposite wall and pressing a button and talking into a microphone, "Try the basement. She's got to be there."

I rolled my eyes and left the room. It was obvious K was getting us nowhere. I had to take matters into my own hands.

-Anthony's POV-

"What do you mean she's not one of us?" I screamed at Natalie, "Of course she's one of us! She's your sister! How could she not be one of us?"

"It has to do with her being from both sides of the witch world," Kalel answered, "Few people are like that. Rachael's the only one I know like that. But I know that they're type of people usually end up turning evil or good. In our case, something ticked Rachael off and she just..." She snapped her fingers, "Evil."

"If we're sisters, how come I'm not from both sides?" Natalie questioned.

"You may be sisters, but that doesn't mean you have the same...dad," Kalel remarked softly. I could see the confusion cross over Natalie's face. "Look, Natalie," Kalel continued, "There's a section in that giant book Sam's been keeping from us all about you and Rachael and your mom. But we don't have time to read it over. Times running out, and if we don't do something soon, we'll never find Rachael. We'll lose her forever."

"Lose her forever?" I butted in, "I've lost her twice already. And each time she's come back. This time shouldn't be any different!"

"She's not the witch you used to know, Anthony!" She yelled at me, "Those witches and wizards, part good and part evil, eventually one part takes over completely. And unfortunately for us, it's the evil side."

I stood there, arms crossed over my chest as Kalel explained what we needed to do. Halfway through the conversation, I felt the need to leave the room. "Anthony? Where are you going?" I heard Ian ask. I ignored him and just walked downstairs, kicking the French doors of the closed office open and seeing Sam and her grandfather standing over the book.

"Tell me how to find her," I demanded. The two of them looked back at me, eyes wide and chests moving up and down quickly. "Tell me how to find her!" I repeated more aggressively, taking a step closer to him, "And don't tell me you can't, because I know you can."

"Anthony, we..." Sam began to say.

"No!" I shouted, throwing my finger in her face, "You do know! You've got to!"

"Anthony, stop!" Kalel yelled at me as she rushed up behind me and spun me around so I was facing her, "There's nothing we can do!"

That's when I did something I've only done once before - cry. I tried to hold back my tears as I stared at Kalel. She looked up into my eyes lovingly and grabbed my upper arms gently, "Anthony, I know you want to find and help her, but...there's really nothing we can do until that day Natalie foresaw. I'm sorry."