The First Attack

You and Katelyn stood at the wall of fire, it roaring too loudly to hear anything. You looked over to Katelyn and gestured to the fire. Before she could respond, you shifted into the good old blue dragon. Aiming at the ground below the fire, you gave your strongest exhale, creating a wall of ice that blocked off the flames. But it was melting. Fast. Katelyn sprinted behind it and made it to Aphmau and Laurence just as it broke, fire once again consuming the entrance. Now alone, you turned to the direction of the dragon and waited. Soon, the flames faltered, and the dragon was revealed again. As soon as it came into view, and you blew a steady stream of frost at it. You then watched as it hit the dragons eye and covered half of the dragons face with frost. It roared in rage as turned back to your human form and ran out the entrance, bow drawn and arrow nocked. You let it fly before the dragon could react and hit its other eye. As it roared in pain, you nocked another arrow and let it loose, hitting its tongue. Hearing it's pained roar, you rolled to the side, dodging a swipe from a claw. You stood up again and nocked another arrow, before blindly firing and rolling to the side again, barely dodging another swipe. You then quickly sprinted around the dragon, seeing that it was quickly recovering from the arrow shot to the tongue. You passed Laurence, who was raising his sword, about to start the dragons foot. You grabbed an arrow while running, pulled it back as you passed it's backside again, and released it while running into the dragon's throat. Turns out it was about to spout some flames. You heard it shrieking in pain, so you quickly shot out its left eye. As it was partly blinded, you ran to its left side-now it's blind spot- and shot an arrow at its ear, into its scales, wherever you could. It's shrieking was piercing your ears and you could tell that it was going to deafen you if you didn't shut it up. You shouldered your bow and drew your dragon bone long sword. You then ran towards the dragon's leg and started swinging wildly at the dragon's foot, mangling it, before cutting it clean off. You fell back, before falling, as the dragon stared at the bloody stump that used to be its leg, then turned toward you. You started crawling backwards as it limped towards you. You grabbed your sword, that fell beside you, and pointed it at the dragon's snout, before it charged, seemingly unaware of the fact that it was missing a leg. You closed your eyes and waited, panic surging through your body.
"..."
*THUD*
You opened your eyes to see the dragon flailing wildly on the ground. Looking past it, you saw Dante, who you realized hadn't appeared during the battle. He was breathing heavily, with his sword bloodied. You stood up, shaky, and pointed your sword at the dragon's throat.
"Reveal yourself." The dragon flinched, before a deep rumbling sound echoed from its throats that you recognized.
A/n: I had to use a crappy translation website for this part, so don't mind the next part. Here is the link: https://lingojam.com/EnglishToDragon(Skyrimstyle)

"Zu'u have nid reason wah show dii true form wah you. (I have no reason to show my true form to you.)"
You chuckled, while the others looked on, confused.

"if you value hin laas, yes you dreh.(if you value your life, yes you do.)"
The dragon gave you a death glare before continuing.

"too bad, because zu'u don't. nuz Pah you need wah know los that ved sent me. Toodles. (Too bad, because I don't. All you need to know is that Black sent me. Toodles)"

The dragon then lunged at you, snapping at your face, only to get a sword in the skull. You yanked your sword out of its head, and watched as the body shrunk and changed, before stopping as a human you didn't know. You shrugged and checked it's pockets to find a note, and some arrows, with which you refilled your quiver.

"Umm, what was that?" You turned to see Katelyn and the others staring at you in disbelief.

"That was dragon tongue, the language of the dragons. English is my second language." You opened the note that you found.

Here is the agreed amount. You are at all costs to stop the traitor Y/n from coming to Calamity. You must not kill, only lure to the city known as Frost. Now go.
~Captain Lucious Black

You sighed.

"Okay, we're headed to Calamity." You turned to the group.

"Salvage what you can from the guild. We're leaving."

Hello everyone, and thank you as always for reading! I know I took a while, and I need to update more, so please keep reminding me! Feel free to give me suggestions for the story, as I highly appreciate them! So Baii!

~ASnazzyGuy

~849 Words