The Aftermath

You stopped your roar and climbed down Blacks dead body. Then you felt something hug your leg. Looking down, you saw nekoette~tan, holding on. You bent down to detach her before her mother came along to get her off. As kawaii~chan got her off, she looked you you in the eye.
"Thank you." Then she took nekoette~tan to her house, as Dante followed them. Then, one by one, the citizens of Phoenix Drop returned home, happy to be alive another day. As people left Aphmau walked up to you and stuck out her hand. You took it and shook.
"You did great in battle, you could become a guard of Levin's." you thought about it.
"No, I prefer freedom to explore and not have a strict schedule." Aphmau smiled.
"Very well." She walked away, before a few more walked away, leaving Katelyn. She came up to you and smiled, shaking your hand.
"Keep in mind that if you didn't battle that dragon shifter in the woods, we wouldn't be here to shake hands. You literally saved us all." As you let go of her hand, she smiled at you again before leaving. You stood there for a few more minutes before leaving yourself. You went to the woods to think. As you walked, nothing disturbed the peace. There were birds in the trees, forest animals in the ground, and everything as it should be. So as you walked, you seriously got perturbed when you heard a muffled scream that was followed by laughter. Walking silently in the direction of the camp, you saw a child, bound. People-probably bandits- lay around him, laughing at him. As you watched the scene, you felt the familiar sensation of transformation. As a black dragon took your place, one of the bandits noticed you. He yelled and backed up, as the others noticed you and backed up. You snapped at them as they took of. You stared after them as you heard the child scream. Transforming back into human, you turned to the kid.
"Hey, it's alright. I'm not here to hurt you." The kid stopped struggling as you made your way around him to cut him free. When he was free, he stuck out his hand.
"My mother told me to always shake hands with and introduce myself. My name is Francis." You shook his hand.
"My name is y/n. Where do you live, your mother will be worried." Francis nodded in agreement.
"I live in scaleswind, I'll take you there." Then Francis walked at a pace that wasn't walking or running, but somewhere in between. After a fair bit of time, you arrived at a cities gate. Then a masked guard walked up to meet us.
"State yo- Francis?" Francis nodded.
"Where were you, your mother and I were worried sick!"
"I was captured by bandits, but Mr. Y/n here saved me!" The guard looked up, noticing you for the first time.
"Thank you sir, would you like some supper? Any town is going to be a long ways away and you must be hungry. You held up a hand.
"I'm fine, I can get home soon enough."
"Oh we insist! My wife would be happy to feed another mouth!" So you were given no choice but to follow Francis and his father through scaleswind until you reached a house. Francis opened the door for you and his dad to walk in. The house was warm and cozy, with a brown haired woman cooking at the kitchen. She looked up to see you three. Looking at Francis, she dropped the spoon she was stirring with and ran to him, hugging him. As they had the conversation about where Francis was, you looked around until your eyes landed on the pot that was over a fire. It was beginning to boil over, due to no on stirring. So you walked forward, grabbed the wooden spoon and began stirring. A delectable smell was coming off it, but you stayed as you were. When Francis mentioned you, his mother noticed you at the pot.
"Oh! Terribly sorry for that!" She walked over and took the spoon and stirred.
"My names Mary and Johnathan is the lad by my son Francis. Supper is looking ready, would you like some?" Your stomach was grumbling at the smell of the soup in the pot, so you nodded. Soon, all four of you were talking over soup at the dinner table.
"So, Francis tells me you turned into a black dragon." Mary said to you.
"Well, tell no one, I don't want to die, but yeah, I'm a dragon shifter." Mary narrowed her eyes.
"Aren't dragon shifters in guilds?"
"Normally, I happen to be one who left his guild and assisted in destroying it."
"Don't dragon shifters eat human flesh?"
"Ah, I've seen dragon shifters eat people before, but I've never had and never will unless it's too serious of a survival situation." Your bowl was getting empty, so Mary refilled it as you told her and her family about dragon shifters. Then Mary and Johnathan started speaking. Mary used to be a seamstress, but now she was only a stay at home mom. Johnathan was always a guard, and Francis wanted to become an "adventurer like you, y/n." You smiled at that before looking out the window at the sunset.
"I better go. Its getting late and my friends are going to get worried." Mary looked out the window.
"Oh! You better go, have a nice night! You all said farewells before you exited the gates. Walking into the forest, you turned into a dragon and stretched your wings. Jumping, you took flight into the night.

Thank you as always for reading guy's, have some Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! Baii!

~ASnazzyGuy

~974 Words