Chapter 14

"Come on, grasshead! Lunch is almost over!"

Drew smiled playfully as he made himself grounded so May would have a harder time pulling him.

"Lunch is over in a minute, let me buy you some snacks." He nodded over to a nearby vending machines.

"Snacks!" May grabbed his wallet from his pocket and ran over to the machine happily.

Drew chuckled to himself. May could never resist food.

Then he remembered how she got around food and he panicked when he saw her shoving twenty dollar bills into the slot.

My money!

He walked over quickly, trying to keep his cool posture but also worried for his whole savings.

Before he could reach May, he saw something interesting in the corner of his eye.

Ash Ketchum, someone who Drew thought didn't even realize what a girl was, was holding hands with one.

I think May talked about her a couple of times. Misty, right?

She was pretty with her bright orange hair. It was kinda unusual but then again, green wasn't exactly normal either.

"Drew, come here!" May called out, not looking away from her snacks.

Drew complied and walked over to her. Her arms were filled with chips and chocolate bars.

"You do know that you won't be able to eat all that in class, right?"

"Don't worry, Drew! I thought of that! I bought some snacks for Blaziken! My next class is Breeders 101 and there's no way Mr. Birch won't let me give my Pokemon some snacks! And then I'll have some also! It's perfect!"

Drew shook his head and laughed lightly. How could he let himself fall for this girl?

"Come on. Let's go. The bell just rang." Drew said and took some of her snacks so she wouldn't lose them on the way.

"Wait! I need to get snacks for Ash!" May said, pulling out a five dollar bill.

"What? Why?" Drew asked.

"Ash likes food," May shrugged and pressed the buttons for some gummies. "And if I get him food, maybe he'll like me, too."

Crack

"You...like Ash?"

"Yea! Didn't I tell you?" May handed him a bag of yogurt-covered blueberry gummies. "Here! These are for you! I know you like them."

"I'm not hungry," Drew said and started walking.

"That's such a lie! You were tutoring me all lunch! There's no way that's an easy task," May said, skittering next to him.

"I'm really not hungry," He started walking faster.

"Drew, what's wrong? Hey! Listen to me!"

May ran in front of Drew and started walking backwards.

"Don't walk like that, you'll trip," Drew avoided her eyes.

"Drew! I'm sorry! Was it something I did?"

Drew didn't answer.

"Drew, please don't be m-!"

Drew dropped the snacks and jumped forward, catching May in his arms.

Doki Doki

Drew's breathing slowed down.

God, her eyes. They were a beautiful shade of deep ocean blue. They were like the color of one of Roserade's flowers. Her bandana had fallen and her hair was flowing behind her in an unnatural wavy way. Gosh, and her smile. Drew loved the way it gave him butterflies. Drew could also smell her soft breath from how close they were. He almost laughed when he smelled fruit candy and chocolate.

He wanted to kiss her so badly.

He leaned in and closed his eyes.

"Drew, what're you doing?"

He opened his eyes and saw she was leaning away. He frowned and pulled her up.

"Oh, no! My snacks! Oh Arceus, we're also gonna be late! Help me please," May knelt down to gather her snacks.

Drew frowned. She'd pushed him away. And for Ash freaking Ketchum.

"He doesn't love you," Drew mumbled.

May stopped and got up, "What?"

Drew stared right at her, "Ash will never love you. He's in love with Misty."

He saw her tense up and her eyes started watering.

"Why would you say that?" May asked. Her snacks fell back to the floor.

Drew pushed away the guilt and got really close to her face, "Sorry to say, May. Just stating the facts.

May scrunched her face in an attempt not to cry.

"Well, here's a fact for you, Hayden," May flipped him off.

"I hate you."

Sorry this was so late. Right now the chapters are just how people are being affected by Ash and Misty's relationship if you couldn't tell