He smiled at my reaction time, opened his locker that I had been standing in front of, and tossed everything inside. And when I said everything, I meant, everything. I wondered if he was going to ditch class to go looking for Farrah, since he didn't even have a pencil in his hand.

                But that thought instantly faded the instant Jesse turned to face me and ripped my stuff from my hands.

                "Hey!" I jumped forward. "Give that back! What are you doing?"

                He tossed my stuff inside his locker also, and shut it before I could shove him out of the way and take it back. When he moved away, I tried to pull at the lock as if I had enough strength to open it. When Jesse laughed, I froze, hating the sound.

                "Come on." I turned to glare at him as he spoke. "I'm not opening it until we come back."

                "Come back from what? The moon?"

                "No, smart one. The movies."

                I scowled. "Open the locker, Jesse."

                He shook his head. "No, Carson."

                "Open the locker, Jesse!"

                "No, Carson!"

                I was about to scream for the school securities before I thought over my actions. I wasn't supposed to be fighting him anymore. Kale would have smacked me the instant he saw me refuse. In defeat, I relaxed my slumped shoulders, sighed, and met Jesse's eyes. "What movie?"

                "Doesn't matter. Just one without violence..."

                "Good choice." I walked passed him, hitting his shoulder with mine as I did. At the double doors leading to the parking lot, I turned back to face him, to see he was still standing where he was before. "Well, are you going to move, or do you want me to drag you?"

                He raised his eyebrows, but didn't refuse.

                When I drifted off to my car and Jesse to his, we got into a debate on which car we would use, but he eventually won. And since it was still before school, we escaped school grounds pretty easily. It was just the sight of the school in the rearview mirror that made me nervous.

                But it faded as soon as Jesse and I started arguing on which radio station we would listen to.

                We eventually settled with a station that only broadcasted songs my dad and Darren knew. Throughout the whole ride though, Jesse tossed around comments on the bands he most preferred. He knew none of the ones I liked, and I knew none of the ones he liked. And then we argued for a bit when I shot down a singer he thought was 'awesome'.

                All of the talking stopped when we arrived at the theater though. Considering it was a nine in the morning on a Monday, I had to hand it to them – the theater was pretty packed. And to make matters strange, the majority of its occupants were teenagers or what looked to be college students.  My first guess was that a movie just came out, and everyone was ditching class to see it.

                Jesse looked depressed while we walked into a "chick-flick" and he had to watch everyone else go into the theater with loud noises and occasional bangs. I kind of wanted to go too, but I let it go. I wasn't here to have a good time, I was here under strict orders to make it look like I was enjoying myself – when in reality, I wanted to chuck the soda Jesse had gotten us in his face.