Chapter 21

"Oof!"

    Katrina rushed by my side. "Are you okay?"

        "What do you think? I tripped when nothing was on the floor. This is hopeless!"

    She shook her head slightly and helped me up, holding me still as I stumbled in the heels I had on. "I shouldn't have brought you my sister's clothes."

    I looked down, eying the color. "It's fine, but...why red?"

        "She was watching Pretty Woman – and tried out prostitution. But it didn't last, probably only an hour before she figured out what prostitution was. She thought the color red was...I don't know, eye popping I guess." She smirked, but only wound up wincing at the memory.

    I let out a small smile, brushing off the jeans that obviously didn't fit me, since they were tighter than I desired. If I didn't know any better, I would have said my legs were cut off from blood circulation.

        "So, you know what to do right?"

    I nodded slowly. "When I see him...uh...I jump on him?"

    Katrina sighed. "Kind of, without the 'I'm a psycho' stuff. You throw yourself at him. Say you love him if it helps."

    My eyes widened.

        "Okay, okay. Don't say that, just...say he looks hot – or...say, his eyes shine brighter than the ocean."

    I scoffed. "That is the most cheesiest line I've ever heard. How many times have you used it?"

    She looked around awkwardly. "A couple of times...now go! He'll be here any minute. I have to start off to class, tell me what happens later!"

    Nodding once, I walked down the hall, holding onto the locker for support, and hearing Katrina's small steps as she rushed away.

    She told me if I wanted to go through with this look, I had to be put on a show and act like a promiscuous girl whose done the 'deed'. Whatever the hell that meant. But so far, I hated being like this – and to add to that, I hated dressing like this.

    This wasn't me.

    I almost fell forward again, but clasped my hand around a lock and held myself up.

        Smooth – very smooth.

    I stood up straight, and tried to find the end of the heel that made me keep balance on the ground.

        Were there training wheels for this?

    I stuck my head out from around the corner of the hallway; nearly annoyed to death that Jesse hadn't shown up yet. Heaving a sigh, I started thinking repeatedly that this wasn't a good idea.

    Other than the result I expected, there was still a chance that he wouldn't even care. But what I was worried about was that, what if he jumped on me instead?

    The sound of giggling erupted from the hall, turning, I saw a couple. They obviously just stopped against the lockers, not having heard Katrina and I – and my fall that potentially sprained my ankle.

        "...Right now?" I barely caught in on the hushed conversation they were having, though his voice croaked as the girl ran her hand down his shirt, and then back up.

        This is getting ridiculous; don't these girls have any morals, at all?

    She looked up, gazing into his eyes with a look I've never seen before – it was almost challenging, tempting, yet admiring at the same time. "Yes."