Chapter 8

Everyone focuses on the status you are in right now but not how hard you worked to get there.✨ 

You know when you have that feeling where everything just hits you and stuff you thought that you have pushed all the way at the back of your brain just comes pushing itself forward? Yeah same. I lay in my bed with my eyes shut trying to forget what just happened. 

Never since my mother died have i dreamt about her and this was the first, it wasn't a good dream where i'm in a sunflower filed with my mother enjoying a picnic. No it wasn't even close to that. I grab a sweat-shirt from the floor and grab my running shoes, it was 1:30 am in the morning  so i sneak my way downstairs without making a creak. As soon as i got out the house, i ran like my life depended on it, like a serial killer was chasing me. All i wanted to do was run and forget the dream i had, anything i knew would bring me back to my old ways .But it wasn't working, every piece of me is begging to remember something  but i knew i can't let it.

I stopped running and looked up at the sky then screamed, i screamed to let out what i was feeling inside. i just wanted all the pain to go away and i certainly really didn't want to go back to depression, that was the last thing i ever wanted to do, I promised my mom i wouldn't go down that path again. After my dramatic scene i calmed down then lowered myself into the grass into a sitting position. Here i was, in an empty field with no one but the stars.

Well that's what i taught until  i heard footsteps approaching me, i looked up and saw Lucas. The Lucas Dobre.

''What are you doing out here so late at night''? He asked. i stared at him thinking of what to say back. 

''I should be asking you the same thing'' I tell him standing up from the grass.

''It's really not any of your business'', he replied to me scratching his already messy hair. He looked so cute with his hair messy that when a piece of hair fell to his eyes, i almost reached up to brush it away.

''Well then it's really not any of your business why i'm out here so early in the morning you mean'' i say with a smirk.

''Whatever, i didn't care anyway but just know that there are fucking neighbors trying to sleep and your screaming is disturbing them'' He says to me.

''Don't curse at me'', I tell him irritated by the word ''fucking''. I mean i say it but that's when i'm like really pissed off.

''What? you don't like the word fuck? fuck fuck fuck fuckk'' He says it repeatedly to annoy me ''You have a problem with me don't you?'' i ask him even though i already knew the answer.

''You got that right,''. I didn't have time to respond because he had already turned around and walked down the street.

..........................................................................................................................................

I barley slept after my run, i managed to get 3 hours of sleep and that was it. My alarm went of 20 minutes before school started. I toke a quick shower and brushed my teeth then tip-toed back to my room as fast as i could because i was very cold. I run my fingers through my wet jet black hair, i had no time to dry it so i pulled it up in a messy bun while trying to figure out what to wear.

I ended up wearing a long sleeve crop burgundy top with blue overalls and my pair of Burgundy sk8 hi. i quickly looked at the clock and i knew for sure i was going to be late. I knew Asher and dad already left because the house was extremely quiet. Usually you would hear Asher's music blasting from his room. i didn't want to walk to school and i had no money for the bus. My only option was to ask Mrs. Dobre for a ride. i was in front of her door ringing to the doorbell in 5 seconds.

Lucas opened the door. '' Gosh why can't you ever leave me alone''? i ask.

''I should leave you alone? you're the one standing at my front door and ringing my Own doorbell and your asking me why i can't ever leave you alone?''.

''Whatever, is your mom home? I really need her'' i ask him hoping he would say yes.

''Why do you need her?"' he askes.

''Gosh for a person that looks so shy and quiet you damn sure do talk alot and i need a ride to school and Asher and my dad isn't home'' i explain to him.

''Nope, my mother isn't home so if you would excuse me i have stuff to get back to'', He was already shutting the door in my face but i wedged my leg in so it wouldn't go all the way.

''Then can you give me a ride?''i ask with a nervous grin. He stood and pretended to think about it tapping his chin.

''No can't do'' he says.

''Please, i promise i will owe you'' i beg him and that caught his attention.

''Fine but you owe me big'' he says with an evil grin.

................................................................................................................................

Finally, the red light turns green. Lucas presses down on the gas and the car speeds down the street.''Can you slow down? you're like going 90 miles an hour''. I tell him trying not to let my voice quiver. Both my hands grip the bottom of the seat.

''I'm not even going that fast'' He says laughing. Lucas never laughs.

''Yes you are!'' I shout at him as soon as he runs a red light. ''And look, you ran a freaking red light'' i tell him.

''Aww, your scared'' He pouts at me sarcastically.

''Ofcourse i'm scared'' i yell at him but all he does is chuckle and speed faster.

''Pull over right now!, stop the damn car'' I yell. I wasn't about to die today in a car with lucas dobre. God knows what type of new gossip will start at school if the new headlines were'' Brooke green and Lucas Dobre Died in a car crash, together in the same car!''

''Geez, relax a little, we are hear anyways'' He says pulling into the school's parking lot. As soon as he hits the break, i was already out the car.

''Asshole'' I whisper.

''What did you say?, i didn't hear that right? Thank you? say it one more time'' His window was rolled down so he was able to talk to me.

''I said Asshole, what else do you think i would have said? Thank you? next time you drive me to school like a normal person then you will get a thank you'' i tell him.

''Don't think there's going to be a next time princess and you better not let anyone know you got a ride from me, i don't even wanna hear my name from your mouth'' He suddenly turned serious.

''Don't worry Dobre, I'm embarrassed to even say your name'' With those last words i turn around as i start my walk to the school.

Chapter.8

Like and vote :)

Thank you babes

comment