"Oh, that really sucks dude," Dinah agreed, in a voice that was hardly convincing. Normani elbowed her and shot her a glare in warning. "I...uh, mean like I know how you feel. My parents are always all up in my face, and I'm like bish whatever."

Camila laughed in response. "Dinah, your parents are like so chill with you, as long as you do your babysitting. You have, like, zero to complain about."

"How do you know? Huh, Walz? My parents could be Nazi on my ass."

"Because you told me so yourself, like four days ago!"

"What? I did? Well, uh, maybe I was lying!"

"Pfft. If you say so Cheech," she snorted with another bout of laughter.

"Anyway, Mila, you know about tonight?" she asked, trying not to allow the awkwardness she felt pervade her tone.

"Yeah?"

"Well, I've actually, uh, come up with a much better idea for a first date."

"Oh yeah? Cool!" Camila responded enthusiastically, which, rather than soothing Dinah's nerves sent them to an all new high.

"But it's actually for tomorrow during the day rather than at night. But I don't really have time to explain it all to you now, because I'm supposed to be going on that date with Mani tonight," Dinah explained, using Normani as an excuse to avoid questions. "Also, it gets your mum off your back about staying home tonight and gives Lauren some extra time to recuperate. Her memory has been playing up, apparently."

"Oh yeah, right. True. Um...I don't know. Just give me like a minute to think, 'cause I'll have to ring Keana and let her know. Lucky I didn't set anything up early."

"Yeah, cool. That's fine."

"Okay, Cheech. I'll give you a call back in a couple of minutes."

"Yeah. Talk soon, Milz."

"Yup. And have fun on that date!"

"Thanks, will do."

Dinah set the phone down and sent Normani a sheepish smile, which her girlfriend returned.

"At least that's promising."

"Yeah, that's all we could hope for. Now we just have to wait."

The few minutes that they were waiting were painfully long and practically silence, both girls too anxious to share words and rather communicated through touches of soothing reassurance. When Dinah's ringtone, 'Say My Name' , finally cutthrough the silence it's owner practically pounced, fumbling whilst trying to swipe to accept the call.

"Mila?"

"No, it's Simon Cowell telling you that you've been accepted on X-Factor," Camila responded sarcastically with an eye-roll.

"I fucking knew it! Finally my true potential has been found!" Dinah played along in exaggeration.

"Pfft, you wish Cheechee. It's Chanch," she responded in a cynical tone.

"The nerve! Crushing a girl's dreams before she ever gets the chance. You know I totally would be famous in like another world or, you know, dimension or some shit."

"Yeah and I would be some famous pop star chilling with One Direction and Ed Sheeran," she continued with her sarcastic fantasy with yet another eye-roll. "Come on, Cheech."

"You never know Mila, we could all be like this famous band or some shit. Like, I would be totally boss at playing the drums; in style of course!" she added on, feeding the delusion.