Chapter 11 - A Close Call.

It is decided!

I shall dedicate the next chapter to the next person who comments!! If there are no comments then simply; there will be no dedication! For i am the devil today, and for everything that doesnt go my way, i shall become possessed with an unquenchable thirst for blood and vengence!! >:3

Comment!! Vote!! (if ya want!) criticize!! Enjoy!!! XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So where are we going exactly?”

It had been about six hours since we had begun our car ride, meaning it was the early morning, and needless to say we were all a bit antsy. We had stopped the car only once since we got in, and that was to refill on fuel and grab some supplies at a local gas station called Marety’s. Mercy, Roger, Gahnt and I had gone in, while Mathieu had been the lookout while he refuelled the car. No one was very pleased that I went in. But I needed bandages, some painkillers and antibacterial cream. The painkillers were a wise choice, as I soon found out that the entire place was trashed. I tripped over everything.

The lights were out, and it had still been dark out, so torches had been our first priority. The aisles were tipped, windows smashed and a large pool of still wet blood behind the counter and the back wall, told us there were more infected somewhere close by. While Mercy and Gahnt scoured the place for any usable weapons or food, I had become responsible for the medical supplies. Roger stood at the end of the aisle watching me – either making sure I didn’t make too much noise dragging my keg around or watching my back – either way I was grateful. We had unanimously decide that the less time we spent there the better, and once we had what we came for, plus water from the back fridges which were also trashed and almost bare, we loaded up as quick as possible and were again on our way.

By now everyone was taking the time to either gather their thoughts, or was sound asleep. Gahnt looked down at me, wide awake, and nodded out the window. The school was on the coast so it didn’t take long for us to reach the water. We were travelling down the highway that led to the city outskirts and to our left was endless ocean of blue, which had, I noticed, a small island in the midst of it. It was about 10miles out to sea.

“There?” I asked. “Is that the military base we talked about?”

He nodded.

“Does anyone find it odd that we haven’t seen a zombie even once since we left the school?” Mercy yawned from the right side passenger seat. “Even at that the fuel station.”

“We saw blood.” I offered. “Lots of it.”

Mercy nodded and wiped the sleep from her eyes, careful not to disturb the sleeping Hope in her arms. “Yeah, but no actual zombies.”

The car jolted over a speed bump and knocked Faith from her sleep in the back, hitting her head back against the back window. “Aah! Son of a –”

“Morning, Faith.” I smiled without looking at her.

“Mm.” She grumbled back.

Mercy turned to Faith and asked her the same question she asked me only seconds ago, and was answered with a blank look. “Dunno. Maybe they’ve headed off somewhere.”

Obviously unsatisfied with the answer, Mercy turned back around to face the front, and huffed. After another few moments of silence I noticed we had begun to speed up. We had gone from doing 70 in a 60 zone – what? It’s not like there’s any point in obeying the road rules now – to doing over 130mp/h in a 60 zone. The 4-wheel drive jolted in defiance before it sprang faster and faster down the highway.