Chapter 3 - First Impressions. [Updated]

I made it to Chapter 3! I'm so proud of maself! XD

Enjoy!!! (comment, rate, vote - or whatever!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey – wait. What’s that? Over there.” Dee whispered.

More incredibly helpful directions from the genius that is Delevan Kade. He was pointing in the direction I had been facing for the past 10 minutes, or so it seemed. At the thing I had been staring at.

Sure enough, even in the middle of the night with no stars out, a figure was visibly standing over something in the middle of the court.

“Hey! You’re right, Dee! There is something there!” I gasped, rolling my eyes - which he couldn't see of course.

“Actually the more I look at it, the more I think it’s a ‘someone,’ and a female someone, at that.” Boy, he sure was on a roll, tonight!

The figure was too small and petite to by a male – but too big to be an animal. I could tell ‘She’ was swaying just the littlest bit, but she was just a little bit too far away to tell if she was facing us or not. Getting curiouser and curiouser I found myself walking closer to the fence that bordered theschool grounds and the netball courts. Upon reaching the fence, I turned back towards Dee. He'd remained where he was.

He looked even more scared right now, than he had when he was in the school. Chicken.

With a shrug I faced the fence again. Gasped and stepped back. She wasn't in the middle of the curt anymore. She was right infront of me - still swaying. We were inches from each other seperate only by the wiry metal fence that divided the football oval from the tennis courts.

She was about 5’7 and was wearing our school uniform. Her hair was a matted and wet, chocolate brown and shoulder length. I couldn't see her face under her hair, but she looked oddly pale, almost luminescent. It might have been my eyes but her left arm appeared to be twisted at an unusual angle. Then I heard it.

A soft popping sound.

As if she was rolling around on a mat of bubble-wrap.

So much about this didn't make any sense. It was almost midnight and she was still here? Why?

What was that sound?

How did she get so close, so fast and so quietly?

‘Hmm…’ I thought aloud. The popping sounds stopped. As did the swaying.

She looked up and into my face, the moonlit bouncing off her cornea.

Her large red pupils surrounded by a black iris.

"Whoa!" I gasped stepping back. They glowed under the light of the moon. That couldn’t be right. They must be contacts. I called out to compliment her.

“Hey, cool contacts”, but got as far as “Hey-”, at which point in time she smiled, a big toothy grin.

A thick mushy substance dripped from between her teeth. Her teeth and gums stained an ominous crimson. The complete look was terrifying. I couldn’t help but feel confused and wonder, if it was all some elaborate prank? The school, the windows - which I realised had been boarded up both inside and out - and complete darkness the school had been submerged in, my being left here . . . and now, this girl?

I heard Dee call out to me in urgency, but I was too fucussed on this girl to listen.

Is her mouth supposed to be full of gleaming razor sharp incisors, like that?