Chapter 4 - Alone? Who's Alone? [Updated]

I'm so happy right now!! Chapter 4!!

I just want to dance!!! XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A zombie?” I had pulled up a chair and slumped back in it, we were back in the infirmary. The broken window boarded up with loose planks of wood stored in the room adjacent the cafeteria. I was trying to take in everything Dee said.

“That’s right. As in dead. Or…well…undead, anyway. You, I and Ms. Faeshar were all here when it started. We all decided to secure ourselves in here. Which is why. . .”

"All the rooms were boarded up." I finished, recalling how everything was a lot darker than it should have been, even at night. I took a deep breath. Doing my best to stay calm. To retain my sanity.

“And,” I breathed. “You expect me to believe that?” For all I knew, this was Delevan’s stupid yet somewhat comforting way of making me feel better about my just straight up murdering some crazed, possibly extremly drugged chick.

He pulled up another chair in front of me. “Yup.” He nodded.

“But zombies are fiction! They don’t exist! They’re something that you’d see in games and movies and stuff. They’re not REAL!” I spat. Hoping he hadn’t heard that crack I my voice, I continued.

“And since they’re not real, I just killed a person! And a crazy – possibly mentally deranged – person, but still! Do you know how bad it’s going to look that the estranged 'genius' orphan girl had an accident and decided to kill someone with a mental illness, by bashing her brains in!? They're gong to tell me I'm insane! I'm going to go to a mental hospital!"

“Alexis –”

“And what’s more,” I continued. “I’m under the age of 18, which means, if i don't get classed as insane, I’m going to be sent to juvenile detention! Do you know what they’d do to me there?!”

“Well, no I don –”

“Whichever of the two outcomes, they’ll pump me so full of drugs and psychiatrist meetings that I will crack under the pressure, and I might actually become what they think I was! Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God,  Oh my God!!"

"Ale –”

"You know what that means, then, don't you?! One of us is crazy! Either I'm deranged or hallucinating and believing whatever sick fantasy I've mentally come up with, or you're crazy for telling me that the whole worlds gone zombie!"

"Well I don't know about the whole world, Ale..."

“No, not all. Just most of it.” Delevan’s starting to sound a little feminine. “Turn around Miss Eynes. I’m behind you.” Sure enough when I turned around there was Ms. Faeshar – the school nurse. Why she was a school nurse dumfounded me. She was way too young to be sitting around treating snivel nosed little brats’ everyday – but hey, that’s just my opinion. Her strawberry blonde hair was wound into two long braids and her eyes sparkled an intrusive blue, which seemed to stare straight through me whenever I looked at her. To be honest – it freaked me out.

“Ah, Ms Faeshar! You're back!?”

Back? Where did she go? Ms Faeshar moved past me silently, the only sound being the swishing sound that her mauve  khaki trousers made. It was quite unusual seeing her in her non-school attire. She sported a turquoise tank top, a black double stranded sash/belt and shiny black boots.    

Timid Ms. Faeshar was looking like she'd just stepped out of a fashionable army recruits magazine!

“What are you talking about? I said that I was only going to be gone a few hours.” She replied glancing at me.