Tears

Y/N's POV

After a long two weeks, Dan and I are finally fully recovered. That Josh kid wouldn't leave my side. We got very close, I have to admit, he is so adorable! He is such a bean! Good thing too, we're going to the same University! At least I'll know someone. 

He was sweet, funny, charming, just so dreamy. I found myself falling head over heels for him.

I almost forgot about Dan until we bumped into eachother checking out of the hospital.

"Oh hey babe!" Dan smiled as he pecked my cheek. He was signing out and after he thanked the nurse, he took my hand and we walked outside.

It felt wrong to be with him, like I was just using him. I knew deep down in my heart, the spark we had, faded and there was nothing I could do to get it back. No matter how I much I wanted to deny it, I was in love with another man. 

"Listen Daniel, I love you, I always had and always will but, I need to-"

"Oh I already know Y/N." He snapped.

"What then?"  I say slightly angry at his attitude towards me.

"Yeah, you should go and run back to your little Joshie" he mumbled.

My face turned red with anger. "So this is what it's about?"

"How can not be! I'm watching you let him throw himself all over you! Am I just not good enough!"

"I don't love you anymore Dan!"

"I knew it." He whispered sadly.

"How?" I mumbled.

"I see the way you look at him." He whispered, tears flowing down his cheeks "Cause that's the way you used to look at me." 

We were both crying now.

"I-I still wanna be with you Dan!"

"You don't!" He yelled. "You love him and you know it! I'm just some loser. You have things going for you. You're smart and so fucking talented. What do I have? Nothing." 

"You have so much Dan." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't have the thing I need!" He exclaimed, sobbing.

"What is it! Tell me and we'll get it!"

"You! I lost as soon as I got you."  He said, looking at the floor, tears dripping down his face and onto the road.

We were just staring at eachother, ignoring the looks we got from passing people.

"So this is it huh?" I cry.

"I guess so. All I can do is forget."

"You can't do that, Dan."

"And why is that?"

I hugged him for the last time as tight and close as I could. Before leaving my first, true love behind, I said one thing,

"You like me too much Howell."

A/N: Hey peeps! So that is the end of this book. I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. There will be an epilogue and that will be it. I hope you all enjoyed this book and have a fantabulous day! Chow!