Chapter 3: Dates and Boyfriends

Your POV

I slipped on my dress and ran out the door. I see Dan in a black button up shirt with a red tie and some black skinny jeans.

"Wow, Y/n you look, a-amazing", Dan said nervously. Wow Dan is never nervous.

I blush and say, "Not too bad yourself Howell." He gives you a smile and holds out his hand. I take his hand in your hand, fingers intertwining. He opens up the passenger side door of his black Chevy truck. You both sit down.

"So y/n tell me about yourself?" Dan asks me. Okay this is weird, too weird.

"Dan? Are you on some weird drugs or something cause literally yesterday you said you wanted me dead", I ask.

"Look, I like you, and I damn well know you don't like me. I don't know how to go on dates or how to really talk to girls. So when you were getting undressed, I saw an opportunity. I'm sorry you had to find out like this. I have a reputation, I've been wanting to tell you how I feel for years. So y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

I started laughing, "You're joking right?"

A look of sadness was plastered all over Dan's face as he heard those words. I put my hand on his shoulder and say, "Let's just see how this date goes, okay?" His face lights up as he continues driving.

(time skip)

Me and Dan learned a lot about eachother. You actually became good friends. He took you to the local resteraunt, or now as you both know it as "the fancy smachy resteraunt". Then it hit me, this is the man who caused you pain and suffering all of your life. You had no friends or boyfriends thanks to him. And now he's playing a mind trick on me just so he can have sex with me.

"Y/n, are you okay? You spaced out for a bit. You seem upset. Did I do something?" He said smiling nervously at me.

"You damn well know why I'm upset! You ruined my life! And now you're just trying to have sex! News flash! Too late!" I yell as I stand up from the table. 

"Y/n, wait! Please just can we start over? I promise I'm not doing this to have sex", Dan says, rubbing his neck with the back of his hand. Now you know he's telling the truth.

I sighed and said, "Okay, it's just hard to trust you. Friends?"

"Friends."

(the next day)

I put on my uniform and grab my bag. I see Dan sitting on the curb, waiting for the bus.

"Want a ride?" He looks up and smiles. You get on your motorcycle and Dan gets on after. "Hold on tight Howell!"

You both finally arrive at school. And Dan's crew makes their way to you. I started walking towards Kyle, leaving Dan with his crew of fuckboys.

"Ky-Ky! Over here!" I yell across the courtyard. He started running to me and smiled and pulled me into our usual hug.

"Hey babe!" He jokes as he pushes my arm playfully. We both started laughing.

"So babe what's up?" I say still laughing. He started blushing when I called him babe.

"Y/n, we've known eachother for a while now and if you feel the same way I do, can we try to be something a little more?"

"Kyle, i don't know. How about we try it out and see what happens. But promise me we will always be friends after this."

He nodded and pulls you into a hug, that slowly turned into a kiss. This was the happiest I've been. I had an amazing boyfriend, a new friend, and my bully finally stopped bullying. Life was good, until Dan saw me kissing Kyle.