Part 12

"Matty? Who's going to kill us?" Vanessa asked, her voice practically a whisper as fear was all that was on her mind.

Before anyone else could say anything, a cry was audible from the room above them and then there was nothing but silence. "Did anyone else notice that that sounded like.." "Danny!" Matt cut across Jorel with a scream and pulled away from George quickly.

"Matt! No!" George screamed after him but it was too late, Matt was already running away from them and upstairs towards the cry they had heard come from his and Danny's old room. "We need to go after him and get out of here" Jorel said quickly and went to head after Matt but was pulled back by Vanessa and Jordan. "Jay, we need to stick together, we'll head up but we don't separate, no matter what" George told him quietly as Vanessa and Jordan let go of the other man.

"Let's go then, just be careful where your walking because we can't see a thing in here" Jorel muttered and moved out of the way for George and Jordan to head forward first. Then he and Vanessa followed on afterwards with Anna and Dylan bringing up the rear, clinging on to one another in fear.

"Danny! No!" They heard Matt scream from upstairs and just as they reached the bottom of the stairs, a bunch of vases came flying down the stairs at them. They all worked to avoid them and they mainly did but Jorel ended up getting hit on the shoulder by one and it smashed as it collided with him before it fell to the floor. Deep laughter was audible throughout the house and they could hear a bunch of doors slamming upstairs.

"Is everyone alright? Did anyone get hurt?" George asked them all, assumingly permanently taking charge of the entire situation. "It hit Jorel on his shoulder, he's bleeding" Vanessa answered him as she found a wet patch on Jorel's shoulder as she was trying to see how bad it was and when she pulled her hand away, she could see it was covered in blood. "How bad is it?" Dylan asked as he and Anna crept closer. "It won't stop bleeding" Vanessa replied and Jorel just hissed in pain as he tried to take his jacket off. "Jay, don't. You could easily make it worse" Vanessa scoffed at him and Jorel chuckled deeply.

"Like that matters right now. Just leave it for now. It'll be fine" Jorel told her and the rest of them, and George just threw him a dirty look which Jorel couldn't see as it was still pitch black where they are. They could see movement and things in the distance but stuff like faces and whatnot are not visibly to them.

"Danny, please?!" They heard Matt scream and then was followed by a huge crashing sound that sounded like a body falling to the ground. "We need to get up there pronto" Jorel muttered and George sighed and agreed reluctantly. "Everyone hold hands, i don't want any of us getting lost" George told them all and waited as they all linked their hands together.

At front it was George, then Jordan, then Vanessa, then Anna, then Jorel and then Dylan. The last two making sure that both girls are before them so they are safer. They then slowly started to head up the stairs linked as they are.

"Jay? Are you alright?" Dylan asked as he felt Jorel's grip suddenly loosen on his hand, as they reached the top of the landing, and he started to fall before Dylan caught him and held him up.

"Sorry, I don't know what happened" Jorel muttered as he realized that both Anna and Dylan circled around him, making sure he didn't fall over or anything. "I think you fainted" Dylan told him and before anyone could say anything else, Vanessa screamed for help.

"Vanessa? Where are you?" Jorel shouted but only got another scream in response. "Why did you let go of her?" Jorel snapped at Anna and she had to hold back so much from slapping him in the face in a sudden burst of anger. "Because i tried to catch you as you fell" Anna snapped at him and Dylan just stepped in between them whilst keeping hold of both of them.

"George? Jordan?" Where you guys at?" Dylan shouted and then they saw two figures heading towards them from the bathroom area which confused them because Danny's room was on the other side of the landing.

Just then the two figures disappeared and they heard George calling Dylan's name from the other side of the landing. "Where did Vanessa go? Why did you let go?" Jordan asked as they reached them and both Dylan and Anna looked back to Jorel who seemed to be working hard to stay on his feet.

"He fainted and both Dylan and I went to catch him and I let go of Vanessa's hand" Anna told them and Jorel shook out of the daze he went into and tried to walk away from them. "Jorel, stay where you are. You are not fit enough to go gallivanting off on your own." George told him and Jorel growled at him. "Where is Vanessa?!" He shouted at George and squared up to him. "Jorel?" Jordan called him but Jorel just backed away quickly and started shaking his head.

"Jay! Help!" Vanessa screamed and this time they were able to pinpoint where she was screaming from and Jorel rushed off towards the spare room not far from in front of them, only to the left slightly. Dylan swore and rushed after him and Anna was about to follow when Jordan stopped her by putting his hand on her shoulder and shaking his head. "They'll be fine, we need your help" George told her and she just nodded in response and let Jordan grab hold of her hand as they headed towards the entrance to Danny's room.