Chapter Twenty-Four - Birthday Boy

Começar do início

     Then, we went to a carnival that was in town. We got VIP wristbands and rode on most of the rides, ate funnel cakes and an illegal amount of cotton candy. I was being super careful about getting anything on the sweater, but as the sun went down I didn't really care anymore.

     We went for our third ferris wheel ride that day and watched as the sky turned red, pink, light purple and other, brilliant colors.

     By the time that we leave, my feet hurt, I'm stuffed to the gills and my face literally aches from smiling so much. Theo holds the giant teddy bear that I won him under an arm, holding my hand with the other.

     We cross the street, grinning like idiots and laughing at nothing and everything. By the time that I get to the car, I'm breathless with laughter.

     Theo kisses me until I can't breathe, then we're fumbling to get it unlocked and stumble inside.

     When I kiss Theo, it's like everything's right. It doesn't matter we're sitting in a parking lot where anyone sould see if they squinted hard enough. It doesn't matter that, a couple of months ago, I couldn't even fathom kissing a guy, let alone one with a snarky attitude, a secret love for Christmas and an addiction to chewing gum.

     Things are getting heated when he breaks the kiss, panting softly. "Wait, wait, Puck--"

     I growl softly and don't even feel embarrassed about it. "What now?"

       "Unless you want to lose your virginity in the back of a Mustang, we have to stop. Just for a bit. Hold on." 

     He cranks up the car and drives like this is The Fast and the Furious, and I can't even blame him because I want it too.

      To my surprise, we only drive for about ten minutes before we turn down a dark road. I shift n my seat nervously. He isn't planning to do it in the woods, right? 

     But we make one more turn, and a huge cabin comes into view. It looks like something out a fairy tale, ivy climbing up the sides, a small garden on the side, and it's dark.

       "My dad likes to have properties in any place that he or I go," Theo explains before I can even formulate the question. "Let's go."

     We walk up the stone driveway with Theo manuvering automatically to avoid rocks and places where the brick hasn't been tended to.It's obvious that Mr. Frost hasn't been here in a while.

     To my surprise, though, it doesn't smell dusty or dank when Theo opens the door. He turns on the lights to reveal a modernized living room. Black lather couches surround a deep wooden coffee table, a flat screen's mounted on the wall and the electric fireplace looks ready to be used. I look at Theo quizzically, and he blushes a little. "I planned ahead."

     Oh. So this is what he meant by 'the right time and place'.

     He bites his lip in an uncharacteristic show of nerves, then gestures. "Let's go." 

     I bite my lip as well, which automatically brings his eyes down to my lips.

     They snap up, and I'm not sure who moves first but we're kissing again, this one softer and less lust filled than the one in the car. It's almost like a reassurance for both of us, even though I'm the one who hasn't done this before.

       Somehow, we stumble to the bedroom without incident. I fall back on the dark green covered bed and look up at Theo as he crawls over me.

       "You'll take care of me?"

       "I will."

Afterward, in his arms, happy, tired and just a bit sore, he strokes my hair and mumbles reassurances. I sigh contentedly and snuggle closer, already half asleep, and let my mouth mumble back.

       "I love you."

     Theo goes stiff all over, about the same time that I freeze, suddenly wide awake.

     Was that...was that me?

     Oh hell no. I didn't just say that. I didn't. I'm not some chick that just blurts that kind of touchy feely stuff out. 

     But from the way that Theo's suddenly become statue like, I did.

     There's a few moments of tense silence, where I try to frantically come up with some kind of way to tell him that I was joking--

     Except I wasn't. I'm not. Those words felt so right, the perfect way to describe how I felt about the guy frozen behind me.

     So I slowly turn over to face Theo, who looks blank, and touch his face. "You don't have to say it back, if you don't want to."

     He blinks, then his face spreads into a heart stopping grin. "I want to. I love you too, Puck."

     I smile back. "Cool."

       "Cool? Just cool?" 

       "Oh. No. Actually I want to do a happy dance, but I don't think I'm up to it."

       "Sorry."

       "I'm not."

     We sit in a contented silence, until I groan and bring a hand to my head.

        "What? What is it?"

        "You're going to be the one to tell Jesse. Preferably when I'm in a bunker somewhere, so he doesn't try and glomp me."

        "He just might try and throw a party," Theo says thoughtfully.

     I groan again. He's all too right.

        "Let's just go to sleep. We'll come up with something later." He kisses my head, then wraps his arms around me.

      And like a charm, we both drift off to sleep.

*****

_________________________________________

I am SO SAD because the next chapter is.... *sniffles* THE EPILOGUE! Of course I'll be writing extra scenes but STILL! Ahhh!

I've written another one-shot for the LGBT_Library. I'd prefer it if you clicked on the oneshot group to get to it.

I'll be writing another BoyxBoy--I have about four different plot ideas that I'm shifting around in my head. So look out for that. Yeah. I'll probably post on here to let you know when it's out. Who knows, maybe I'll include characters from here in there?

Dedicated to *sniffles* AlyWasHere17 *sniffles* author of Top and Tail. Song is Hurts Like Heaven, Coldplay---> awesome band.