Chapter Eighteen - Sleepovers and Chewing Gum

I come bearing a new cover and plenty of fluff.

*****

Puck Cainly

Eventually the kiss becomes more gentle, less bruising. I lay back and let him do what he wants, still catching my breath and trying to slow my heart. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that it hasn't thrown itself through my skin and started squirming on the bed.

      I swallow as he lazily sits back and looks at me, silver eyes much more calm than before. Softer. I like that look. It increases when I turn my head, on impulse, and press a kiss to the wrist beside my head.

        "So...want to tell me what that was about?"

     He shrugs a shoulder, still hovering above me, platinum blonde hair flopping into his face and ticking my forehead. I lift a hand (impulse is really taking over my body) and run a hand through the smoothness. It's soft and straight beneath my fingers. I bet if I looked inside of his bathroom he'd have more hair products than Mrs.Garcia...

      He makes a small groaning sound, eye closed, and I snatch my hand back. He blinks at me.

        "Sorry." I blurt.

        "For what? It felt good, idiot." He says without heat. Theo adjusts his position so that half of his body is covering mine, his head on my chest. I slowly lift a hand and carefully start combing the strands with my fingers again, trying to remember how my mom used to do it. 

      His skin is soft against mine, warm in the slightly cool room. I let my eyes wander as I lazily look around.

      Theo's room is decorated in cool blues and grays. It's nearly twice the size of mine, with a huge flat screen mounted on the wall in front of the king sized bed. The walls are light blue and deep grey alternating. A white desk holding a laptop is sitting in the corner. Two doors, one that looks like a closet and the other that I think leads to the bathroom are on the fourth wall.

      The bed has a canopy, silver and blue silk and satin that I stare up at it, still smoothing Theo's hair. I'm starting to get drowsy, too. The physical and mental exhaustion of the day seems to have caught up. 

        "Lights off." He mumbles, more sleepy than I've ever heard him. 

        "Huh?"

      The lights dim, then the room is dark with a series of lights on the wall, twinkling like fireflies.  

       "Dude, that is so cool."

     Theo doesn't answer. I look away from the walls to peer down at his head, still laying on my chest with an arm flung across my body.

      ...He's asleep.

      My first thought?

     Oh, crap, how am I supposed to get home now?

     I bite my lip and take my hand away, slowly, in case he wakes up. He shifts slightly, but he doesn't move, his mouth closed and face more relaxed than I've ever seen it.

     He looks...at peace. I've seen him angry, happy, soft, desperate, amused, snarky, and even overtaken with lust, but I've never seen him like this. His hair is spread across the sheets, light blonde blending with soft gray and I spy a mark just above his collarbone that has me blushing and feeling a bit proud. In your face, Jesse Garcia. Now I'm doing the marking, damnit.