Nina threw her arms around her friend's neck, "what have I ever done to deserve a BFF like you?"

Lilah grinned, "mutual girlfriend, what you've done for me the last six months...I can never repay you. And it almost cost you everything."

"If a man can't cope with my devotion to you, then he's not the man for me."

Lilah gave her a smacker of a kiss on the cheek, "ditto!"

"What are you two girls up to in here?" Daniel had appeared in the doorway, "and are you selling tickets?"

Jumping to her feet, Lilah swatted at him, "typical men...thinking with your penis." She turned to Nina, "what is about men wanting to see two women 'get it on'?"

He merely chuckled, "get your coat, you can choose between Matt Damon and Emma Stone."

Nina was reclined watching the evening news when Theo finally reappeared, "she's finally asleep."

"How many stories?"

He shrugged, "five...she usually sleeps after two...but not tonight."

Lifting her feet, he sat the opposite end of the sofa to her and rested her feet in his lap. Then he almost absentmindedly started to massage her foot with his talented thumbs.

Closing her eyes she drifted off into a nice warm happy place, and she couldn't believe it when she let out a moan. That made him chuckle.

"Nice?"

She nodded, "I could get used to this."

"That's what I'm hoping."

Her eyes popped open and she met his gaze then smiled, "I can't just move in, you get that don't you? I can't just play happy families. It's not fair on Melody."

Theo sighed, "I get that, I really do. Plus you've got your new house."

Nina wanted him to tell her that she had to make that decision, because she was never going to make it on her own. But he seemed to be appreciating her need for distance. It was a real dilemma with no obvious solution.

"In an ideal world, I'd date you...you'd move in...then we'd have the baby."

She nodded, "but we've jumped a few guns."

"I want to be with you, when the baby is born. Whether that is here...or at yours. But I know that I can't expect you to just move in, to just become part of this family."

His hands were still massaging her feet, and she was bordering on falling asleep, or climaxing...either or both it was so perfect. "Is this working yet?"

She opened her eyes to see him smiling at her, whatever happened, they would work it out together, and that was a good thing.

"Is that the intention? To render me speechless so that I can't protest?"

"Hadn't thought of that."

She chuckled, then almost purred as he moved up to her calf, "I was just about to tell you my thoughts and you do that!"

It was his turn to groan, "you have an answer, a solution then I need to hear it."

Sitting up she slipped her feet to the floor, "I want to spend time with you, I don't think I can sleep alone again...and not because I'm scared." That made his eyes widen, but she silenced him with her own glare, "but I have a home, a business...I have to sort that out. I can't just move in...so I'm thinking that we spend every night together...at mine or here. Take it day by day...then see how we go. I've got a nursery at my father's house, but we could get a bedroom here too. But we may not need it..."