Chapter 13 Kyle's Choice

Running back up the steps, Kyle entered the bright kitchen. A woman with her back to him was standing at the Island cutting vegetables.  She turned and he gasped. It was Maria;  He tried to get her to notice him, but she ignored him. Karia ran into the kitchen carrying a book, Seth Speaks. He tried to grab her., but he went right through his daughter.. For the first time Kyle realized that something was terribly wrong. Maria and Karia acted as if he didn't exist. He turned his attention back to them.

        Maria was sitting in the chair with Karia on her lap and the  book in her hands. "Thanks for getting the book for me. I wanted to read about dreams and consciousness. Ah, there it is." Maria's face lit up. 

         "Seth says that we create our dreams to communicate with our higher self. There are symbols that appear in our dreams that connect us to our physical reality. "

        Where am I? Kyle thought as he listened to Maria.

       "Mommy I don't understand Seth. Can we please read my Dr. Zeuss book?"

       Putting down the book, Maria smiled at Karia when both of them looked up as a figured entered into the kitchen. They stretched out their arms to him..Kyle gasped in shock.  It was him. How can that be? This stranger who looks like me is kissing my wife and daughter. Kyle screamed at Maria, trying to tell her this was an imposter and not him.

        Maria asked the imposter, “What happened today honey?”

        “I decided to find my birth parents and find out why they abandoned me as an infant.  I can't blame God or anyone for my lot in life. I learned that from reading Seth Speaks.”

         "You're not afraid of the truth anymore?" Maria asked him.

         "No, I'm open to a new way of looking at life and living. I have been carrying this hurt and pain of abandonment, since I was a kid. I wanted my biological parents like other kids. The resentment developed into revenge and the revenge into depression. I can see that now.  Seth made me face the truth that I was creating this reality. Just as I create that one, I can create another one.."

         "How about me?” Karia yelled out, breaking into their conversation.

        " And what did you learn today? " Maria asked her

        "I learned to be happy," she answered. "What did you learned today Mommy?".

         “I learned that if you tie a yellow ribbon around a tree, a soul will find its way home,” she said, hopefully.

        The words hit Kyle like a tons of bricks, sending him flying into the ethers. He looked and Maria and Karia were gone. He saw a bright light. It  was so beautiful. Calmness engulfed him as his life flashed before him. He wasn't scared anymore and everything was beginning to make sense to him. Just as he reached out for the light,  a yellow ribbon  floated before him. Kyle looked  at the light and then the yellow  ribbon as he....

        Maria’s eyes opened frantically as Kyle’s monitor went off.

To be continued.