Chapter 7 Body and Soul

Several minutes later Maria turned on the lights and recommended that everyone do a few stretches, and then help themselves to the vegetarian lasagna and vegetable platter she had prepared.

 With plates and drinks in hand the group came back together. While they ate, Maria told them the story of how she had read Seth Speaks when it was first published in the early 70’s, but like most of them in the room, she didn’t grasp all the principles either.

 “A few months ago, I was cleaning out my bookcase and a book fell off the shelf onto the floor. I picked it up;it was Seth Speaks.” She stopped for a moment to take a sip of the warm apple cider.  “I flipped through the book and eventually began to read it and read it and read it.”

“I’ll second that.” John spoke out. “She carries it around everywhere, and now I’m doing the same.”

“I thought we would start off with the basic concept of Seth—I’m more than flesh and blood, I’m a soul creating my reality. That’s not exactly how he stated it, but it’s close. What do you think about that?”

“I have heard others say it as I’m a spirit being having a human experience.” Richard stated as he took off his eyeglasses and cleaned them with the napkin.

“Honey, we have discussed this.” Romayne answered her husband. “Soul and Spirit are two different concepts, aren’t they Maria?”

“Yes, I do believe they are two different concepts based on how you perceive them. If you refer to yourself as a soul, you perceive Self from the Metaphysical philosophy. However, using spirit fits in perfectly with religious and spiritual beliefs. Seth uses the terms soul or entity. He warns about getting caught up in terminology or jargon.

“Good, because I prefer to be called a person.” Clara stated, looking around the room at the group as she got up to put her paper plate in the trash bin.

“Don’t you get it? This is about more than being a person, identifying with your body. It’s about being a multidimensional soul and knowing what you are capable of doing.” John spoke as his eyes followed Clara.

“That's true John." Maria spoke up. "Because when we think of ourselves of being only a body with a mind and spirit, we are caught in a program that limits our perception of reality and creative abilities. And for our spiritual evolution, we need to break through that barrier. The first step is to recognize and accept that I’M A Soul creating a physical experience.” The words flowed out of Maria’s mouth before she even had a chance to think about it.

“You’re saying that I’m creating being here with you right now and listening to this nonsense. I don’t buy that.” Clara returned to her seat and tightened her hold on the Bible. “Who else but the Almighty? He is responsible for everything.” Clara replied indignantly.

To be continued…