Chapter 12 Kyle's Dream State

Kyle couldn’t wait to get home from the office, he was tired. Everyday seemed liked the one before, get up, go to work and come home. It was at home he felt safe and secure. Karia was always waiting up for him to read her story before bedtime. She kept asking him the same question every night, “Daddy when are you really coming home?”

“I’m home honey,” he would tell her, but she would shake her head and fade away. Then he would be at the office again. Tonight entering the house he felt a different feel. Karia was sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, staring into space.

        “Why aren’t you in bed?” Kyle asked.

        “I want mommy.”

        Kyle felt a jolt of sadness go through him. “Maria, where was she?” He went charging through the house only to meet darkness and fear in every room.

        Hearing noises from the family room, he hurried down the stairs. A group of people were sitting in a circle with their eyes closed and strange music was playing. A woman holding a Bible, eyes popped opened and grinned at him shaking a Bible. She approached him at a rapid speed as he tried to run, “Sinner.” She screamed, running after him. “It’s time for you to repent! Get down on your knees and ask the Almighty to forgive you for your sins. You have curse, fornicated, cheated, stole, and lied. You’re nothing but a sinner and now you’re going to get yours.” She waved the Bible at him as felt on his knees, bringing his hands to his face in prayer. She gently touched his head and then his forehead as a mirror appeared before him. Startled, burned in black ash on his forehead was written the words, You’re saved. Come back Kyle.

        Kyle turned and stumbled over a bed. Starlted, a couple was in the bed. He couldn’t go back the woman with the Bible was still there blocking his escape route. Easing around the bed, Kyle didn’t want to look, but the woman was beautiful.  He stared at her paralyzed by her beauty. The man slowly unsnapped the top of her bra and then let it fall off her shoulders. Her breasts were full and he gently kissed each one while looking at Kyle. The woman began to sway her hips motioning for Kyle to come forward as she used her tongue to entice him. She beckoned for him to join them. Kyle could feel himself sinking into the sensual trio.  He tasted her lips; touched her back and glazed into her eyes. Shocked, he tried to get away. Maria's best friend Romayne was laughing hysterically as she called out, Come back Kyle

        “Watch it,” Kyle ducked as a basketball flew passed his head and bounced off the net. He was dressed in his college basketball uniform and a tall husky guy was dribbling the ball down the court. He threw the ball to him. Kyle caught it and did a slam dunk. The crowd roared and the lights on the score board flashed, Come back Kyle.

         Kyle heard chanting and moved towards it. A woman was standing on one leg with both arm raised and her fingers on each hand touching to form one perfect straight line. She looked like a tree. Hanging from her neck was a sign. Kyle moved closer to see what was written on it. Come back Kyle.

        Running back up the steps, he entered the bright kitchen. A

woman with her back to him was standing...

To be continued.