Chapter 56: Sakura

Start from the beginning

"You remembered." I concluded, a tinge of warmth and familiarity striking my heart.

"Yeah, I did. Now, Saito did you want to continue or were you going to leave it to me?" She asked, waiting for his answer.

"I'll go over the basics, you can handle the rest. We essentially need to integrate you into Shack. The leader of the organization is a cunning, manipulative, arrogant man named Seiji. We need him to take interest in you." Sai paused as Ino spoke.

"That's the only way you'll be able to infiltrate." She added quietly.

"What kind of interest?" I asked cautiously, not liking where things were going.

"He has a high ranking nephew named Izaya who's notorious for being an incredible assassin, and a womanizer. He's a bit of a chauvinist, by the way. The best way to get to the leader is to catch the nephew's eye. He enjoys a challenge." Sai looked up from his drink, eyes glazed over as if remembering something from another life. Ino continued on.

"Gain his interest. You'll need to be mysterious and refrain from giving into him so easily. Present that type of aura and maintain a dominance that isn't too overbearing on him." Ino clarified as I snorted.

"Give into him? What am I going to do? Fall in love with him?" I rolled my eyes as Ino cracked a smile.

"No, but he's a lot to take in. Just flirt with him enough and present a usefulness that can be beneficial to the overall gang. That'll get him to take and recommend you to the leader and give you true access and freedom to report back to Konoha. He has invited others into the organization in the same way before." I interrupted her with a question.

"What are your roles in this? What are you two to the gang?" I inquired, sitting back and giving pointed looks to the both of them.

"You'll find out once you're in. We can't give everything away as of now— you knowing too much would look suspicious." Sai answered swiftly.

"Understandable. So my job is to get the nephew to welcome me and show me to his uncle, establishing a permanent position and higher rank in their organization?" I summarized, folding my hands across the table.

"It's all about connections and relationships, like a web or something." Sai nodded, clarifying further.

"Yeah, basically." Ino muttered, aware of a server passing by and asking how customers were doing. A few moments of silence occurred as the waitress skipped over our booth, unaware we were even there. I raised a brow.

"Genjutsu, really?" I murmured, smiling slightly. She was progressing, I almost didn't notice the shift in chakra used to power the genjutsu.

"Everyone else in this place thinks we're having a lovely chat about your grandmother." Ino grinned.

"How am I supposed to even meet the nephew? Casually bump into him at the grocery store?" I spoke with a tinge of sarcasm as my brow furrowed.

"Sarcasm is a defense mechanism, you know. Lucky for us, Seiji likes to frequent bars and clubs in order to forge new allies and do business. You'll just happen to bump into Izaya at one and do what you need to do." Sai responded neutrally, pushing his empty cup away from him to signal that he was finished.