Chapter 28

A/N: I'm so sorry it's been so long! Time has really gotten away from me and I forgot that I had a couple finished chapters of this that I forgot to publish. If I can get this story wrapped up, I'm thinking of leaving it up because it's really close to my heart. I've grown so attached to this AU and the characters in it and I'd hate to end it just because I'm out of ideas. Hopefully I can get it wrapped up soon.

*********

"Hey babe, what are we doing on Saturday?" Beca asked as she crawled into bed next to her fiancée.

"Nothing, why?" Chloe wondered as she set down the book she was reading.

"My mom wants to take me dress shopping," Beca said.

"Oh okay," Chloe said. "I'm probably gonna go out and look for one on Sunday."

"No, she wants to take you too," Beca said, pulling the blankets onto her lap. "You're gonna be her daughter in law. She considers you her daughter, especially since your mom doesn't want to be involved."

"Tell her not to worry about it," Chloe said with a shrug.

"Babe she wants to," Beca sighed. "Please let her do this for you."

"I can't, it's too much," Chloe said, shaking her head.

"Seriously Chlo, she really wants this to be perfect for you, and so do-"

"Becs, drop it. Please," Chloe said, turning away from her fiancée.

Beca nodded with an exasperated sigh and sunk down in her pillow, trying not to get upset.

Chloe turned back a few minutes later with tears in her eyes and threw her arms around Beca. "I'm sorry," she said sadly.

"About what?" Beca asked softly, stroking the redhead's hair.

"I fucking hate not having my parents in my life," Chloe sobbed. "Shannon doesn't get it because they've never been there for her, but they were for me. They were so supportive of me and I hated them for being so awful to Shan, but they're my parents. And I fucking hate that they hate me. I feel so worthless and stupid every time I think about what a disappointment I am to them."

"Oh Chlo," Beca said sympathetically. She pulled away from the hug so she could have a proper conversation with her fiancée. "Baby girl, listen to me. You are so amazing. You're an amazing stepmom and sister and aunt and fiancée. I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. None of us would."

"They did though. The people who raised me for 18 years decided that I'm not enough. That I'm too worthless and and disappointing for them to love," Chloe said, hardly above a whisper. "If I'm not enough for the people who raised me since the day I was born, who am I enough for?" She asked.

"Me," Beca said sternly. "Me and Devin and Shannon and Ella and my mom. Not just them, but our amazing best friends back in Atlanta. April and Hannah. Jesse and Bree. Our niece that's being born in a few months. Stacie. And my whole family down there. Your family."

Chloe nodded as Beca gently wiped her tears.

"That's like 35 people against 2. 35 people that love and care about you so fucking much. People that are gonna be there to walk you down the aisle and to celebrate with you when you marry me. Chloe I know it's really hard to be without your parents. My dad walked out of my life and has never come back and it fucking sucks wondering what the hell you did wrong. We're broken people babe, we gotta stick together." She gave the redhead a small smile and a kiss on the nose.

The older girl smiled at that and sniffled. "What did I do to deserve you, Beca Mitchell?"

Beca shook her head with a laugh. "You let me spill a smoothie on you and make you pasta."