Chapter 4

Shannon had known she made a huge mistake when she decided to have sex that night at the movies, and she made an even bigger mistake not telling Chloe because she really needed her there in the situation she was facing now. She had just taken a few pregnancy tests that all came out positive and she was so upset that she was sobbing when Chloe got home from picking up lunch. "Shannon what's wrong?" Chloe asked as she set the bag of food on the counter.

"Chloe I don't know what to say," Shannon said, wiping her tears. "Remember the date I went on last month?"

"Yeah..." Chloe said hesitantly.

"Well..." Shannon stared hesitantly. "We had sex and I don't even know how it happened. Like one second we were making out and then we were in the backseat of his car and I don't even know why I did it but...."

"Shannon oh my god...you're not....." Chloe said.

"Chloe I'm pregnant," she sobbed.

"No you're not, you can't be," Chloe said in disbelief. "Mom and dad are gonna kill me."

"And me!" Shannon said,

"But why didn't you use protection? How could you be so fucking stupid?" Chloe asked, raising her voice.

"Chloe I'm sorry, I didn't think anything would happen." Shannon said.

"Why...how could you Shannon? Just....get out for now, I need to think this over," she said, sitting down at the table.

"Ok fine," Shannon said, walking out the door. She walked over to Beca's house and knocked on the door, but of course she wasn't there. She pulled her phone out of her back pocket and dialed her number. "Beca where are you? I need you right now."

"Where's Chloe? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" Beca asked.

"Chloe's really mad at me, I need you Beca, where are you?"

"I'm at the party store getting a Halloween costume for Devin. Where are you?"

"I'm by your house, when are you gonna be home?" Shannon asked.

"Come to the party store, it's like 2 minutes away," Beca said.

"Ok Beca, thank you so much," Shannon said.

When she got to the party store, Beca wheeled up to her and gave her a huge hug. "Hey kid, what's wrong? Why is Chloe upset?"

"Beca I made a huge mistake," Shannon said, taking a deep breath. "I had sex on my date last month and I just found out I'm pregnant and now I don't know what to do because Chloe basically kicked me out of the house and she's really upset with me."

"Oh god kid, you fucked up big time," Beca whispered.

"I know, but Beca please don't be mad. You're all I have left. I can't move back home."

"I'm not mad," Beca said. "But wow, this is a huge deal."

Shannon nodded. "Chloe's never gonna forgive me, will she?"

"Oh she will, I'll talk to her as soon as we get home. My mom drove down from Dalton to hang out with us, so she's taking Devin to a movie in a few hours and he's gonna spend the night with her."

"Oh ok," Shannon said. "Thank you so much Beca."

"It's ok, honey, you'll be fine," Beca said. Devin ran up to them with a costume. "Mommy I'm going to be Darth Vader!"

"Great buddy!" Beca said. "Let's go pay for it, ok?"

"Ok. Hi Shannon!" He said happily. "Where's Chloe?"