Chapter 18

"You hate hospitals, don't you?" Beca asked with a slight smile as Chloe sat down in the waiting room with her arms crossed tightly against her chest, even though it wasn't cold.

"Yeah a little," Chloe said.

"You don't have to be here, you know," Beca replied. "I'm glad that you are but if this makes you feel bad, go sit in the car."

"No, I want to be here for you," Chloe said, linking hands with Beca. "How do they test for this?"

"They do an x-ray and a bone mass test," Beca replied. "I guess osteoporosis is pretty common but I'm so nervous."

"It'll be ok, no matter what the results are, you'll be fine."

"Rebecca Mitchell?" a nurse asked, walking out into the waiting room.

"Hi, it's Beca, actually," Beca said, rolling towards him. "Is it okay if my girlfriend comes back too?"

"Yeah sure," he replied, taking her to a room. "So we'll get started with the x-Ray as soon as you get a gown on.

"Thanks," Beca replied, taking the gown from the nurse.

He left the room and Chloe helped Beca up onto the bed. "You don't seem too freaked out by hospitals, Shannon isn't either."

"I spend 3 months in here and I'm here like all the time, and Shannon's used to it because of all the pregnancy appointments." Beca took off her shirt and Chloe slipped the gown over her head.

"Hey I was thinking, we should use that hotel gift card this weekend if you're ready," Chloe said.

"Yeah, I am," Beca said. "I just- please don't think any less of me because sex is really hard for me, but I swear I'm really in love with you. It just really kills my back and tires me out."

"I know, love," Chloe said, giving her a kiss. "I'm not gonna change how I feel about you because we won't be able to have sex a lot. I fell in love with your personality first."

"Thank you, I love you," Beca said softly. "And thanks for the help with the gown." She bit her bottom lip and shrugged.

"Baby don't worry, you're fine," Chloe said, rubbing her shoulder. "You know I love you for you."

Beca nodded and was about to speak, just as the nurse stepped back into the room. He pulled the x-ray machine out and positioned it over Beca's legs. "Ok, Beca, you're girlfriend is gonna have to step out for this."

Chloe gave Beca a kiss. "You'll do great."

"Thanks Chlo," Beca said.

The nurse pressed the button on the machine and gave Beca a reassuring smile. "How long have you two been together?"

"4 months now," Beca said with a smile.

"You seem so in love with each other, and she's super supportive. That's so good to have when you're going through so much. What's her name again?"

"Chloe," Beca said. "And it's really great, she's amazing."

"Alright, the results for this will come in a few minutes but the bone mass test we do is gonna take about 24 hours to get the results for, so do you want to just wait until then?"

"Wait I have to stay here?" Beca asked nervously.

"No, we'll call you with the results," he said. "Do you want me to get Chloe back in here?"

"Yeah, thanks," Beca said.

Chloe came back and sat down on the edge of the bed. "When are you doing the bone mass test?"