Chapter 25

A/N: Let's just do ourselves a favor and pretend the Grammys are in November, okay? And I apologize to those of you who hate me after this chapter.

**********

"What do you mean I'm not coming to the Grammys?" Shannon asked Beca sadly when the brunette told her the news.

"They only sent us 2 invitations, for me and Chloe," Beca said. "I was gonna tell you when I got them, but I didn't want to make you upset."

"I was looking forward to it," Shannon sighed.

"I know," Beca replied. "My mom is gonna stay here with you guys while we're gone. It'll just be 5 days."

"Alright," Shannon sighed. "I'm really proud of you though, it's amazing that you were nominated."

"It still feels crazy," Beca laughed. "Thanks though."

"You're welcome. I can't wait to see you on tv," Shannon said with a smile. She was so proud of her big sister in law.

**********

"Thank fuck they put us on 1st class," Beca said dramatically as she transferred out of her wheelchair into the plane seat, which happened to be more of a couch. "They let me keep my wheelchair with me, I'm so relieved."

"How do they get you on the plane without it?" Chloe asked as she sat down next to the brunette.

"They strap me into this stroller thing. It's really embarrassing," Beca sighed. "That's why I hate flying."

"You never have to worry about being embarrassed with me," Chloe said. "We've seen each other at our best and our worst, and we always get through it all together."

"It's just hard," Beca shrugged. "I know I shouldn't be embarrassed, but it's just weird for me."

"I know it is," Chloe said. "I'm gonna make everything on this trip as normal as possible for you."

Beca smiled and snuggled into Chloe with her legs on the redhead's lap. "I can take my leg braces off if it's too uncomfortable for you."

"It's perfect baby," Chloe said reassuringly. "None of this bothers me, it never has."

Beca nodded. "It's late, we should try to sleep."

Chloe nodded and pushed the button on the couch to transform it into a bed. "You're nominated for a Grammy, I'm so proud."

"You were my inspiration for it," Beca said sweetly.

"Am I in your speech?" Chloe asked.

"You're basically the majority of my speech," Beca laughed.

"Can you read it for me?"

"No way, you'll hear it if I win. If I don't, I'll consider reading it to you," Beca smirked.

"Well I'll be hearing it tomorrow then," Chloe smiled. "You're gonna win, I just know it."

Beca yawned and snuggled closer into Chloe. "That's a hell of a lot of faith to have in someone like me," she laughed.

"You're my fiancée, I have every ounce of faith in you," Chloe shrugged. "We should try to get some sleep, we have a long few days ahead."

"Night baby," Beca yawned.

**********

"Sheri, I have a huge favor to ask you," Shannon said as she walked into the kitchen carrying Ella.

"What's up honey?" Sheri asked.

"I'm meeting a guy to study at the library. Could you watch Ella for like 2 hours?"