Chapter 8

Beca had a little over an hour before she had to pick up Devin from daycare, so she stopped by Chloe's after work to tell her she was moving at the beginning of the summer. This was probably the hardest thing she'd ever have to do in their relationship, but she couldn't hold it off any longer. Chloe deserved to know, no matter how upset it made her. She pressed down on the buzzer as she rolled up to the door. "Hey, it's Beca," she said into the speaker.

Shannon unlocked the door. "Hey! Chloe's in her room. She bought a desk so she could grade papers in there. What's up?"

"Not much, I just got off of work and I thought I'd stop by before I pick up Devin."

"Do you want some coffee?" Shannon asked. "Chloe asked me to make a pot and I can't drink any because of the caffeine."

"Sure!" Beca replied. "I'll be with Chloe, thanks kid."

She knocked on the door and Chloe answered almost immediately. "Come on in," she called. Her face lit up when she saw Beca and she stood up and gave the smaller girl a hug and a kiss. "Babe! I didn't know you were coming over! I'm so glad you did, I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" Beca replied. "Aww you look so cute." Chloe was wearing her favorite sweater with a grey tank top and black yoga pants, along with her favorite socks.

"No I don't," Chloe laughed, rolling her eyes. "I'm exhausted. I've been grading papers all afternoon and I'm so glad you came over because now I have an excuse to stop working."

Beca laughed. "Do you want to watch friends?"

"Can we just maybe lay down for a bit and talk?" Chloe asked, setting down her pen.

"Of course," Beca said.

Chloe walked over and lifted Beca onto the bed. "How was work?" She asked, laying down next to Beca.

"Good," Beca said. "I'm not starting any projects until next week so I've mostly had to show up for meetings and stuff like that. How about you?" Beca asked.

"I've been trying to grade finals and finals are so long," Chloe complained.

"Finals were hell for me," Beca laughed.

"Same here, but I kinda have to give them," Chloe said.

"True," Beca agreed. "So I have physical therapy tomorrow at 6 and I was thinking maybe we could go for dinner afterwards?"

"I would love to, but I'm going to a parenting class with Shannon," Chloe said. "I finally got to talk to Justin's parents and they don't want Justin to have anything to do with Shannon or the baby from now on." She sighed, turning from Beca to face the ceiling. "I told Shannon and she shrugged it off like it was no big deal but I think she's upset."

"I would be," Beca said. "I'm sorry though, it's gonna be so much harder on you guys."

"We'll be alright," Chloe shrugged. "I just hope I'm a good aunt. I was so uncomfortable with the situation at first, but now I'm so nervous."

"You'll be fine Chlo," Beca said. "You're pretty much Devin's favorite person next to me, and you've only been in his life for like 4 months. Imagine how lucky that baby will be to grow up with the Chloe Beale as his or her aunt."

Chloe laughed. "The Chloe Beale?"

"My point is, don't stress, you're gonna be an amazing aunt and Shannon's gonna be a great mom." Beca smiled, wrapping her arms around the redhead.