Entry #6: Living in God's Purpose

Copyright © 2014

Anne Joo Sell

-----

Living in God's Purpose

In this 18 years of existing in this planet, I can't believe that there is this indescribable, unexplainable, wonderful, great feeling that is far greater than the word euphoria, that I would ever feel in my life. I realized that this life I'm living is the greatest gift I had ever received from God. This is something that even trillions of "Thank you Lord!" are not worth saying. All my experiences, though most of it were excruciating pain in my chest, had been my inspiration to make my every step forward, and everytime I fall down, it gives me strength and courage to rise up again.

Later, I had realized that everything I thought and had believed was wrong. It is not about me, nor them, nor you, nor this world. I existed, you existed, they existed, all of us existed here because of God. We live because God has a purpose on each of us. All these pleasures and heartaches we feel, all the happy and painful experiences are just tests on how we can handle everything, how to be godly, and how can we prepare for eternal life, God has promised.

I admit that I am not perfect. I sin. I sin a lot. Always. I even sin the same sin a couple of times and a couple of times I said and cried the word 'sorry' but still, did the same sin again. I get so stupid sometimes. ..a hypocrite at times. For how many times I said a promise and broke it. For how many times I blasphemed pain but also caused it. Even if I want to stop sinning, (you don't know how I curse myself for being so weak and evil) I know, I can't...

But, God loves us unconditionally that He looks at us as the most precious thing that had ever happened to Him. He doesn't look at the wrong things we made. He doesn't look at how bad we had been. If He does, can you tell me the number of times He did not gave you a chance when you made something stupid in your life? I bet, there was none. But, He looks at every possibility, that our heart would someday beat for the right thing. ..that someday we will realize how He loves us and stop all our misconceptions and foolishness.

We are lucky that God still care for us even though we are selfish, proud, greedy, hateful, EVIL...

That's why God's commandments are very important. It is His laws that we human beings, His pride, His loved creations, His most precious, should abide to. We really SHOULD obey these because it is the only way to live a peaceful life.. ..the only way to live our REAL PURPOSE.

Aiming for our goals in life, achieving our dreams and so on.. are not reasons why we existed here in the first place. We are here because we have a mission. God has a purpose. He planned everything right before we were born. (Read Jeremiah 29:11, thank you :)) He created us because of the word.....

..LOVE. Yes. Love. I am right, right? :)

Right now, I have dreams and goals for my life and one of it is to live a better life in this world. But now, I know the real purpose why I am here is to live my purpose ..and my purpose is set by God. A purpose-oriented life is not a life of dead-end. It is a life of open roads, open opportunities, many chances and experiences for life-changing lessons and learnings ..better changes. Yes, there are risks but, why are you afraid and hesitant to take them? ..when you are not, when good things are set in your table? Life is not always happiness, yes, everybody loves that. Who wants to be in sorrow anyway? none, but sometimes we have to learn important things and there are lots of situations where happy moments can't always give us that 'essential' learning we 'need'.

God is not a subject to laugh at. His works, 'doing' His works is not weird or strange or boring. You should be proud doing it, why are you in shame when you are not looking down when you do something wrong? Change that impression please. Change that habit. Obeying His commandments is not a burden, it is happiness, it is a privilege. It gives love to life. It gives life to life.

My friend, it is not yet too late. As long as you are breathing the breath of life, you can still live your purpose ..His purpose. You can still leave your past and look forward to changing your future for the good. The only thing you need to do is make sure that God and love is your life-support. Let us rejoice in the Lord. Always make yourself ready so that we can be presentable when the time will come, that He will fetch us to live with Him in the true home He had prepared for us..

..in Heaven. :)

GBU